Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past weekend i experienced transmission flares on my 2011 nissan versa 1.8 s. I noticed other people online with sporadic nissan models (pathfinders, an infiniti, an altima) having the same "transmission flares". I wasn't able to find any for other vehicles but my rpm's would randomly flare up real high for just a second and drop down.. But it wasn't like the car was struggling to shift or anything. I work at a mazda dealership and the techs have never heard of this before. My versa has 72k miles and i've always done the oil changes at 3k since i work at a dealership and its easy for me.

Has anyone experienced this or have a solution? I have heard the fluid simply may need to be changed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm new to the Versa and can't comment to your experience. I am curious if you have ever done a tranny flush though? If not, thats definitely your next step. This "life" fluid has proven to be anything but that. It's my belief the lack of tranny servicing is heavily contributing to most CVT issues people have. Hell, it sure can't hurt anyways to overly maintain a car right?

If you are still under warranty, pay the extra dough for the Nissan fluid (cheapest online) so the dealer has no excuse to void your warranty. Otherwise you can get Valvoline Synthetic NS-2/3NS-3 fluid for $9 per quart. Your CVT holds 8.8 quarts. You will need about 12 quarts for a flush.

I believe the first gen Versa takes NS-2 fluid and my 2nd gen 2014 takes NS-3 fluid. The Valvoline covers both categories as it meets or exceeds the fluid ratings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.