Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accidentally mixed cvt transmission fluid into my 4spd automatic transmission.......for all you wondering what had happened.....nothing. Runs and shifts fine have maybe 500 or so miles since I did that. I am planning to do a complete filter and fluid change very soon however!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think I'd get that CVT fluid out as quickly as possible. It might never cause a problem then again it might. It's always better to be safe than sorry especially when a new transmission is in the thousands or dollars. If we were talking about a $50. part it would be different.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Depends on how much is the wrong type. A major portion of the fluid must be identical to the normal ATX fluid as the same parts get lubed and work the same way. The big difference is whatever is special in the fluid that allows the metal belt to dig into a metal pulley that is different.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Accidentally mixed cvt transmission fluid into my 4spd automatic transmission.......for all you wondering what had happened.....nothing. Runs and shifts fine have maybe 500 or so miles since I did that. I am planning to do a complete filter and fluid change very soon however!

Yes, I do indeed plan to do a complete service of the transmission as I've already bought the new kit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I do indeed plan to do a complete service of the transmission as I've already bought the new kit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts