Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Versa with the dreaded CVT. Car is actually on its second transmission and had about 145k miles. I am having an issue where I will be accelerating and the rpms will drop and speedometer will stop working and then the rpms shoot up. Car will still move and accelerate but the rpms wind up pretty high, I took a video and tried to post but was unable to.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Even thought you have already diagnosed it as a transmission issues (according to the title of the thread), I fail to see a correlation between the speedo not working at the time of the problem and the tranny itself. By a chance did you get any codes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even thought you have already diagnosed it as a transmission issues (according to the title of the thread), I fail to see a correlation between the speedo not working at the time of the problem and the tranny itself. By a chance did you get any codes?
I haven’t had a chance to take it in and have it looked at for any codes. When the Speedo stops working and the rpms shoot up it seems like tranny is slipping. I was just curious if anyone else had this happen

·
Registered
449 Posts
When the Speedo stops working and the rpms shoot up it seems like tranny is slipping.
In your first post you said that the rpms will drop and speedometer stops working before rpms shoot up. How is that for slipping? About codes, even if CEL is off, still some codes could be stored.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had something similar happen on my 2009 Versa with a CVT (second transmission). Mine always happens accelerating uphill from a stop -- speedometer stops working and RPMs increase. I usually pull over, put it in park and then continue on with no problem. I took it in, but there were no codes and my mechanic could not diagnose. I'm not driving the car much now, so I don't know if it's still a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts