Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
View attachment 17955
I got the report free from the following website. I think this has to be the first registration with just 15miles on it.

Good work! If that's the case and it wasn't registered until 12/17 you should be good since you're still under 84K. Sometimes it pays to do research for yourself. I wonder if you contacted the DMV in LA if they could confirm this and give you written documentation? That documentation would be good evidence against Nissan. If you get your car repaired at no charge I'll send my bill later. LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I was able to get more information from LA DMV office. They confirmed that this vehicle was first registered on 10/16/13. So my extended warranty expired on Oct last year. I am going to call Nissan and see if they can help me with the transmission replacement. If they cannot, I will sell the car as it is or find a good transmission and get it replaced.

It looks like the transmission used on my vehicle is RE0F11A. eBay has this transmission for sale for vehicles starting from 2013-2019.
Does anyone know if the transmissions from a 2019 will work on my 2014 model?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2019 versa and in my manual it says that the car shouldn’t be driven over 60 mph because of Aerodynamics. My car at 60-70 mph is about 3-4 rpms for sure. My sister had a 2015 versa and it was slow and had no power until I changed the belt oil and spark plugs. So If anything I would change the basic maintenance stuff like the drive belt, oil, and spark plugs and see how it sounds after before letting the dealership rob u. $150 u can change the oil, belt, and spark plugs yourself.

Hi All

I have a 2014 Versa Note with 60K miles with CVT transmission. I am the second owner and it looks like there is an issue with my transmission.

When the speed of the car is under 30mph I don't see any issues. When driving on highways, rpm keeps on going up with the speed. For example when driving at 60-70mph, rpm remains around 4k. I think rpm should be around 2.5K around this speed.

Nissan dealer wants $150 to diagnose the issue. I don't see any error codes either. Is this something that can be fixed easily?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm the second owner of my '16 Versa and received a letter from Nissan saying it was covered under the extended 7yr./84K mile warranty. The letter has my VIN on it and my Versa even has a rebuilt title. If I ever have a problem with mine I'm taking it to a dealership with letter in hand. Sounds as if you need to speak with an attorney.
A rebuilt title voids the warranty for sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Based on what I heard from Nissan, rebuilt status does not void the 2yr/24K mile extension given to CVTs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Call a dealer and ask. They can look it up by vin in two minutes and tell you if it's covered. It would have to be the sketchiest dealer on the planet to not just cover it, if it actually applies. Shops are slow right now. Any work in the door to keep people busy is good, warranty or not.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts