Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aside from versa, also have my 2002 Acura CL but has a problem. The transmission died, with 99k miles,and seemed not to work at all. Does anyone here heard of acura recalls? does the model i owned covered by it?

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Acura auto trannies are junk. Guy I know was on his fourth then he just got rid of the car. No recalls for his model.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
that sucks man, but you're not alone with the same tranny issue for the CL

Acura CL Transmission Problems - Car Forums - Edmunds

Also...

Reports say that after an average of around 40,000 miles, the transmission experiences gear failures, such as downshifts, slipping, flaring and not shifting, and leaking.

One main cause is excessive wear of the 3rd gear clutch pack, resulting in large amounts of debris blocking the flow of transmission fluid. Many owners reported problems with the replacement transmissions as well. Similar transmission-related issues exist in the Honda Accord, Acura MDX as well as the Honda Odyssey[disambiguation needed].[2]

Due to many failures, the manufacturer extended the warranty on the automatic transmission on some CLs and TLs for 7 years, 100,000 miles (160,000 km). Many replacement rebuilt units had problems. A class action lawsuit later extended the warranty to 93 months or 109,000 miles (180,000 km). Despite the conversion to kilometers, the class action settlement applies only for persons and entities residing in the United States.[3]

In addition, there was an unrelated transmission recall for safety reasons. One gear tended to overheat, break and cause the transmission to lock up. Since this failure would cause the car to come to a sudden stop, this might cause accidents. Further information on the transmission issue is available here and at the official Acura Service Bulletin: [1]

source: Acura CL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that sucks because that's a nice car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts