Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 Versa with 149K miles on it, had the check engine light on. Diagnosis shows the error code for transmission. I took the car to a garage they told it would cost me $3k-4K. Do you think it is worth spending such a big amount to fix the car?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sounds like you have a CVT, as that is the common rate for replacing them.
If it is a CVT, IMO, unless you are planning on keeping the car long term, I really can't justify spending an amount equal to the value of the car
on a failure prone component.
It would be less of a headache for you to trade it off now for something else.

If it is a hatch with a 4A/T, that is way too high,and need a second opinion, but would still be worth putting money into, as those cars are still holding ALOT of value.

Reactions: pimperell

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you have a CVT, as that is the common rate for replacing them.
If it is a CVT, IMO, unless you are planning on keeping the car long term, I really can't justify spending an amount equal to the value of the car
on a failure prone component.
It would be less of a headache for you to trade it off now for something else.

If it is a hatch with a 4A/T, that is way too high,and need a second opinion, but would still be worth putting money into, as those cars are still holding ALOT of value.
Thank you for the input @Keith Wagner. Just worried what if another major problem would come up.

·
Registered
420 Posts
One other thing, find an idy trans shop, not a chain. They may be able to fix it cheaper than having a full swap.

Reactions: pimperell
1 - 4 of 4 Posts