Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you using in your interior to hold your phone so you can navigate with GPS and switch your tunes? I haven't been able to find anything sturdy or cool to mount under the radio unit and above the cup holders. Does anyone have any photos they can share? Thanks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I use a bracketron universal one that attaches to my vent on the right of the radio. Was pretty cheap, adjusts pretty wide for my Garmin, and my Droid Bionic. The clamp also detaches from the vent mounts, so if your passenger is really hot, he can get some cool air LOL. IF you're looking for something under the radio, or above the cup holder....more difficult to find. Most are either attached to the vent, or suction cups to the windshield. Maybe a mount that fits inside the cup holder, but for GPS, it might distract your attention form the road.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Probably not what your looking for, but I installed a Pioneer AppRadio, which plugs into my phone and allows me to use the navigation/music/pictures and more off my iphone, not to mention bluetooth for making/receiving calls. I ran the cord through the back of the little cubby above the radio, just cut a hole, ran the wire through then used a plastic welder to close the hole back up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dayum!! Me like!

Probably not what your looking for, but I installed a Pioneer AppRadio, which plugs into my phone and allows me to use the navigation/music/pictures and more off my iphone, not to mention bluetooth for making/receiving calls. I ran the cord through the back of the little cubby above the radio, just cut a hole, ran the wire through then used a plastic welder to close the hole back up.

·
Registered
119 Posts

That looks really nice.

I was wanting to ask how you were liking the AppRadio? Worth it?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I believe that the App Radio headunit is compatible with androids too, actually.
OHHH, they have the AppRadio 2, but only select Android devices are supported....they need to start patching it.

I saw the AppRadio at Best Buy, I guess 1st gen didn't support Android, only Android BT calling.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
That looks really nice.

I was wanting to ask how you were liking the AppRadio? Worth it?
I think so. It might not be as expensive as you might think, it was about $600 taxes in, and that is including not only the deck, but the stuff that you get along with it like the little surround piece that goes around it (maybe only 1/8" thick), the wiring harness adapter, and a relay to allow you to use the app functions while in motion.

As someone mentioned, yes the appradio2 works with android, but from what I have read in my research for it, its only compatible with like 3 android apps. Good thing I'm a diehard iphone fan!

For what it is, I like it. And that is... a great and easy to learn/use ipod interface with the handsfree calling built in. Its cons would be it doesn't really have nav, it uses a nav app off your iphone. Which I'm pretty sure in my case means I better bring my tom tom out of retirement if I'm going across the river into the states, which I do often since I'm only about 30 minutes away. Although I know where I am going typically when I go over, but for an actual road trip, might not be the best. But in my case most of my driving/need for a GPS is domestic so to me its worth it. Are there better options out there? Definitely. For this price? No.

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
You should just get a car GPS system with a cup holder bracket. Stop by at a big truck stop and they have them in two different lengths. Short and longer. I used it and it holds my phone or small GPS perfectly snug. The cup holder portion opens to tighten in the cup holder. This is your best option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Device Mount

Go to arkon.com and find the Mega Grip Phone Mounts that mount to your car seat bolt. They are awesome! I've had one for several years and went from my 2004 PT Cruiser, to my 2002 Mercedes ML320, to my current 2016 Nissan Versa Note. They are easy to install onto a bolt that holds your seat to the floor of the car. I have always mounted it on the front left passenger-side seat bolt and have it go up to the right side of the center console area.

Here is a link to the arkon.com page: Mega Grip Phone Mounts: Arkon.com

Tomorrow, I'll go out and take a picture or two of the one in my car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
13 Participants
stevepup
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing