Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new here and sorry if this was brought up. I am just curious on how to change the light bulb on the trunk of nissan versa 2010 S hatchback. Too scared I might break the light cover and I don't see any way to remove that to get to the bulb :(

·
Registered
613 Posts
so i thought i'd help you out and post some pics
I believe the 2010 hatch is just like my 08 so hope this helps!

First use a flathead screwdriver to on one side of the plastic cover, just dig underneath with it, and pull back once you get under. Don't worry you wont break anything it comes right out.

This is what it looks like when removed. I have circled these tabs that are on all four corners in which you have to release to get to the bulb.

Just pull a bit on the grey plastic and it will release just like this one corner shown in the picture.

Once you've done that this is what it will look like (minus the fact that i've already replaced mine and my LED's look like that, mine has an adapter in which it connects to a panel of them)

I have put arrows on the sides in which you remove the bulb. Then just replace with whatever set you like.

And note DON'T try to remove the bulb while the light is on lol.. I did that and burnt my fingers. So remove the White connector show in the pictures, unless your like me and want to rush things :p

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow thanks Romeo! I read the owner's manual and found out how to do it but then again with your pictures and instructions help even more! Already ordered the LED lights for it and are coming in :) Hope your fingers are okay hahaha.

·
Registered
613 Posts
no problem :) i was bored so i thought i'd help you out :p
and my fingers are fine thnx lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
What bulb did you use to replace this? I am looking to replace the same bulb with a Red LED bulb. If you could provide me with a link to this I would greatly appreciate it. Please reply at your nearest convenience. Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can someone take a picture of the white plug that plugs into the Trunk Light Housing? I bought my Versa after it went through an accident, and I think the previous owner or the mechanics who fixed my Versa might have cut out or completely removed the trunk light wiring. I need a picture of the plug and the plug head (the top of the plug) to see if I have the plug necessary to reinstall a trunk light. If I do not have the wiring, does anyone have any suggestions for aftermarket trunk light installations? Something simple and clean like the OEM stock fitment. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.