Nissan Versa Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Its a ground issue... my hubby likes to make big sound systems... he's good at what he does but he's messy. So here ya go.... on the inside of the back hatch.... look for the little brown clip. On the hatch side of that clip... is a blue wire. Cut it and attach it to the frame of the hatch. The metal. Ground it out and poof all better
Has anyone had this problem and solved it. My hatchback won't pop open. It doesn't make noise when unlocking. So i don't know if it's not unlocking or if it is the whole thing. Need Help I have tried
Bumper Auto part Automotive exterior Vehicle door Hand

Its a ground issue... my hubby likes to make big sound systems... he's good at what he does but he's messy. So here ya go.... on the inside of the back hatch.... look for the little brown clip. On the hatch side of that clip... is a blue wire. Cut it and attach it to the frame of the hatch. The metal. Ground it out and poof all better

Well the men folk got word of what i was doing and im not allowed to cut the wire. So..im just going to sit back and laugh when im right and they did way more than necessary.

You do not have to cut the clip's wire to make a proof of concept. Just take a piece of spare wire, one side of it insert into the brown clip (use a paper clip if necessary) where that blue wire is, and another side of it connect to ground. If it works, make it permanent.

I know this is a old but, still active thread. I had it still have the same issue with my trunk on my hatchback that wont open. And making a ground wire works but, when locking the car the trunk stays unlocked. Also theres no trunk release Switch or button on my vehicle. Got creative. So I what I did was I just brought the Switch inside. Here's my video I uploaded on youtube. Hope this help.

2009 Nissan Versa S 4 door Hatchback 6 Speed Manual.

As I checked with few guyz from Garage & a friend of mine who has the same issue with same kind of car, this issue (Trunk won't open by the switch) is related to computer module. which will cost bit to replace or repair.

For me I just made a duplicate key just for Trunk (Which is better than turning off the engine to take the key but still annoys me) but my friend just directly gave a line to trunk lock actuator so it's always in Unlock position (While we don't have to worry about theft or security issue here in State of Qatar, he is ok with that) but may be (I think) we can disconnect the power line of trunk actuator & take a separate same line from a Door & give it to trunk actuator so it will unlock the trunk to gather with other door.

(I'm not an expert but just thought this way)

Turns out that was a temporary fix; the new actuator had the sensor go bad recently. Got a couple wire taps at Theisen's, a rocker switch at Radio Shack, and installed an override in the passenger door panel. Works like a charm now.
Thanks for the help. For me a jumper wire troubleshooting the issue was very helpful. If not for that information the problem would have never been solved. Without a wiring diagram who would know to look in the passenger door?
Thanks, Dan

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.