Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I swapped the radio from my 15 Versa Note which was stock CD to the next radio up (XM but no Navi). Everything plugged in but you lose USB and AUX at the center console and basically the entire left side of your steering wheel. All audio functions are pretty much useless and no bluetooth. For me XM outweighed bluetooth and audio controls and if I really want them I can get a good aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Depends what you are looking for. I like tech stuff like USB input, card slots, aux inputs. I bought a cheap Dual from Crutchfield with the installation kit for about 60 bucks with shipping. Like they said above, say goodbye to bluetooth and steering wheel controls. But if you don't use them, it's not a loss. I would recommend saving your factory radio to switch it out just for GP. I like the Dual because it's cheap, reduces weight, and gives me an extra storage compartment.

·
Registered
40 Posts
They sell an adapter so you can keep your steering wheel controls when installing an aftermarket radio. Around $50. Worth it to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's a metra aswc-1 steering wheel interface. Very easy to install. Just put a double din in my note. I retained the steering wheel controls but you will lose the a factory Bluetooth, but most aftermarket radios have Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
What type of Pioneer reciever is that? Looks sleek, all of the Pioneer decks ive been looking at have buttons the left side and i didnt want that

·
Registered
52 Posts
Every Pioneer, Kenwood, Clarion, etc looks like that installed as long as you choose a 7" screen model. The 6.1" screen will have buttons on left. I can confirm the metra ASWC-1 will work for steering controls on all but bluetooth buttons.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I swapped the radio from my 15 Versa Note which was stock CD to the next radio up (XM but no Navi). Everything plugged in but you lose USB and AUX at the center console and basically the entire left side of your steering wheel. All audio functions are pretty much useless and no bluetooth. For me XM outweighed bluetooth and audio controls and if I really want them I can get a good aftermarket unit.
I'm about to do the same swap (swap the stock CD to the next radio up-XM but no Navi) on my 14 Versa Note SV. Did you install a backup camera as well?

thanks

-cc

·
Registered
17 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts