Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this when I was swapping out my stock intake for a CAI. Anchored to my stock air box (and now zip tied to the break fluid reservoir, along with the MAF sensor wire since I have a CAI) was a little tube with a lose end that wasn't connected to anything. This is located sort of near where the MAF wire is anchored to the stock air box (not where the MAF sensor is, but where the wire is attached (just with a little clip/tie thing, not where it plugs in). It was easier to trace the tube down after everything was out and it appears the other end is connected to a little piece coming off of the transmission (I have a CVT.) I was wondering if anyone else has this tube that is not connected to anything (on the top end) or knows what it does? Is it supposed to be connected to something, is it on yours? My theory is that it's just some kind of air exhaust or something to for the transmission, but what do you have, and has anyone ever heard of this?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I have it on mine (auto trans) I notiticed it the same way you did its the transmission breather tube to keep the pressure down in the trans

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, yeah that's exactly what I was thinking but wasn't quite able to articulate it. Great, thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.