Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Like I said earlier I'd like to have a Supercharger since I'm in a automatic car but I just don't see the point of spending 5k on a turbo/supercharger just to go fast on the road.

I have plenty of speed for freeways and all that good stuff but have no need to speed past everyone (ticket time!).

Also is the hp/trq gain really worth the 5k?

My opinion is that we work on something like an engine swap so we can really get some
possible power. That way we can get a turbo/supercharger for that!

Not to mention the Cost would almost be the same right?

·
Registered
502 Posts
im currently looking for a way to custom fab a turbo. im severly interested but low on cash (hence the custom) but if any of the companies decide to head in this direction ill take all the info i can get.

·
Registered
867 Posts
What does that make garrett then? Or are they not as popular on your side of the pond?
Oh yeah Garrett is up there, no doubt, but down where i am we're like 'import city' so HKS is everywhere.....plus the comment was whether HKS was reputable :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
i got about $1500 and id be interested...
every time i recruit someone and they join the army or the army national guard i get $2000 cash sooo possibly im in!
and my warranty is almost gone to.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Now we have one person interested in a turbo...what is a good company???? Anybody have a say on that?

List of group buy on turbo kit for Versa (20 members minimum):

1. sclayton325

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
:bump:
List of group buy on turbo kit for Versa (20 members minimum):

1. sclayton325
2. Lil Blue Versa

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I'll just put you on the list for now...

1. sclayton325
2. Lil Blue Versa
3. versa s 2007

·
Registered
622 Posts
Ok I was lookin at some older posts today and found "Kaz" who posted a link to his CarDomain and on it he says that he plans to add a GT25R Turbo.

Would this turbo fit?
Could this be the solution to our problems!? lol

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'm not down to guinea pig by installing and ruining my car but I can try and look into it possibly. Maybe go talk to a shop and see what they say maybe?

Any ideas?

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yeah, talk to a shop and ask them questions. They can provide you with information you may or may not already know.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Just read some on the FitFreak website and a guy TC'd his Fit with a S15/S13 Nissan Silvia.

Here is the original post

anjingbalap from FitFreak.net said:
i done my L15A CVT on turbo charge

I use Upgraded T25 Turbo From S15/S13 silvia ( i dont even want to install the subaru turbo.. coz of the lag)
upgrade 4 injector to bigger one (from 240cc to 360cc) (if u put 2 extra injector is no good... due of uneven mixture)
1 big intercooler...
Emanage... (i was using F-CON before.. but unhappy then atm use emanage)

and it boost at 11psi on 157kw (210HP) with 205NM of torque
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-forced-induction-forum/10769-anyone-turbocharge-your-l15a-cvt.html

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Just read some on the FitFreak website and a guy TC'd his Fit with a S15/S13 Nissan Silvia.

Here is the original post

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-forced-induction-forum/10769-anyone-turbocharge-your-l15a-cvt.html
Like I've been saying, turbo's are NOT vehicle specific. The only thing vehicle specific and the ONLY thing not available to turbo a Versa is an exhaust manifold. EVERYTHING else is already available and is universal. Except for IC piping but that will have to be custom fabbed.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Ok I have been doing a little bit of surfing and I have found out that the CVT (version1) can handle about 300hp. Mo solid evidence this is true to m knowledge but a guy turboed his cvt murano and it gave it 330hp and it kept blowing it.

I'm gonna see if I can find what version of the cvt my 08 v is running so that I could either upgrade it to a better one or see if I can find a supercharger that could possibly fit. Also does anyone know how much hp a turbo/super adds?

I'm sure they are all different but just a general # would be great for me to test with. Also not some high stage 3 kit just probably a stage 1 or 2 depending on what's needed.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts