Nissan Versa Forums banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Sure it can, it just has to be supported properly. You can turbo charge any car, its just trial, and error. You have figure out what works, and how much the car can take.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
while turbo's are universal picking one that suits the displacement of your engine like tubtub said would be far more beneficial. I personally think a gt2560r would suit the V well. Too big of a turbo and your waiting forever for it too spool and won't use it too it's full potential. Too small and it will spool quick but die uptop.

Now someone make a turbo manifold so we can get some turbo Vs on here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello I am most certainly interested in boosting myversa its a 2012 black dropped two inches im going to drop it another 2 blacked out two 12's 2200 rms on the factory radio 6 speed and glows red inside and out at night

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts

exhaust manifold I found online. Owner is out of NY and runs a boosted mr20de b16 sentra.

Someone should contact him if serious about turbo charging their car. Maybe the fabricator made a jig.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Let us know when it's bolted into the engine bay

·
Registered
339 Posts
I know Turbonetics, & HKS creates turbochargers, but not sure if they're reputable.
erm you realize hks is old school power house right? Theres no one else I would go to for a turbo setup. They have been building 1200hp rb26's since the r32.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Also theres no point in turbocharging the MR series of engines. There no after market support for forged internal, cams, engine management, and powertrain upgrades. You fighting an uphill battle all the way to spending 5+k on a engine to get 250Hp out.

Theres a way better market for sr20 parts. Your better of swapping a sr20de and matching trans from a sentra and dropping 5k into the V that way. You will need custom mounts, cvs and engine management. Theres tons of info on turbo a sr20de. 2500$ in parts to turbo the sr and your looking at 200+ hp without going crazy. Which you can do with an sr to the point where most of the power becomes unusable in a fwd. Just remember any n/a engine will need a drop in compression to properly utilize forced induction.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I miss my sr20de turbo car :(

·
Registered
276 Posts
Lol that turbo is not going in my engine.

Its for our college project...

gonna be a mighty Turbojet...

i guess the nozzle must be visible instead of the turbine outlet.

·
Registered
993 Posts
You don't want to run more than 250, good god. The suspension set up can't handle a lot of power. You can't drop a sr20 and bump out 300 HP, your wheels are gonna fly off, twist something, etc. I'm not saying its a guarantee, but when ppl bump mad HP out of small civic HBs they have a custom-built chassis. The farmer is what it is, unless your gonna do custom work to support that power its not a great idea. The cost of a build like that would be more than the car off the lot new. Everyone says the MR won't get a lot of power, 250 is more than that car needs. Buy a 200sx, or a G20 if you want to mod a sr, or swap I.to the versa and run a conservative tune.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts