Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 08 versa SL . So i have the cold air intake. ItS an auto. But it boring . I was think of dropping a turbo in it . Is it worth the trouble to put one in an automatic? Im not a young guy whos going be racing down the street like Im in the fast and furious movie. I just want it be a be a bit more fun to drive . Has anyone put a turbo in a versa ? Please drop me some input / THANKS!

·
Registered
216 Posts

With a lack of bolt-on kits for the 1.8 and 1.6, you have to do a full custom job everything from fabrication to tuning. Its not impossible but there isn't a quick and easy path to follow on this rig. The only reason Billy Wetwrench and his buddy Harry Sockets can fumble their way through a turbo install on his 2002 civic with 200k miles he bought from the neighbor lady is because people much smarter than them put together a complete bolt-on kit for them to buy off the internet and did all the hard work for them.

You have pretty much three options:

1) Be happy with what you've got and stick to entry-level bolt-on mods.

2) Start researching and learning about forced induction and making a parts list and a plan.
Execute no part of that plan and buy no parts until you have the complete picture in-hand and maybe run it by someone with experience in that area to check it for holes. (this is the phase I am in, not for my versa but for another car I own with no off-the-shelf options for turbo)

3) Be that guy who never shuts up about his big plans to turbo his econo-box but never actually does it :crying:

------------------

I would love to see somebody do it but I think step one is to research the challenges you face, and then re-evaluate to see how enthusiastic you still are about it. It can certainly be done but not without a lot of hard work on your part because nobody has produced a commercially feasible kit (aka shortcut) for you.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Im a fairly talented mechanic guy, but not having enough power in my 25 year old home to run a welder puts those plans on hold. I could either buy a gasoline powered one or learn to use oxy/ace but either adds time and cost you will never recoup.

You could always pay a performance shop, usually under 5 grand, 3 if you are lucky.

I guess plan B could be a 25 shot of NOS? They make a kit for the Civic. :grin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Cobb
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing