Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
turbos are universal. Do they make a kit? Not currently. You would need a fabricator to make you a turbo manifold, downpipe, you need to source bigger injectors, and engine management.

·
Registered
993 Posts
No turbo kits, or custom builds that I know of. A company did make a single kit, and sold when they went under. Kit was installed on a MR18 sedan before the turbo or engine blew. There's been a super charger that's been under construction for 4 years now, its installed and being find tuned on a members MR18 hatch, pics at versaspeed.com . The S.C. is for the MR18, and 20.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay so i can just build my mr18 instead of the mr20 and bolt on a turbo whats the best site to get a bigger fuel pump rods and pistons fuel injectors and cams ect...Or do they make any of it for the versa 1.8s

·
Registered
993 Posts
It's all gonna have to be custom-built. Best bet is to buy the MR20, and build that engine slowly, and properly. The more time and money you put in the better it will be. Find a good shop that's does custom fabrication, its not gonna be cheape. Just keep in mind you could be the first to do this.

·
Registered
440 Posts
No offense....but if you are asking these types of questions....especially where to get the stuff before doing any research.....you really need to understand how a turbo works and everything you need beforehand.

A correct turbo install isn't a simple 4 hour job.....not to mention you need a good tune and etc. I doubt there would be room to keep the A/C.

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
okay so i can just build my mr18 instead of the mr20 and bolt on a turbo whats the best site to get a bigger fuel pump rods and pistons fuel injectors and cams ect...Or do they make any of it for the versa 1.8s
They dont make any of those things for the Versa... and there are none coming. All you can get is intakes and a few exhausts systems.

How much HP/TQ are you looking to realistic make here? Even better question how much money are looking to spend. Seems like you are just shooting in the dark with different ideas.

A correct turbo install isn't a simple 4 hour job.....not to mention you need a good tune and etc. I doubt there would be room to keep the A/C.
The ac compressor is on the opposite side of the exhaust manifold which is good for accommodating a turbo and the rest is piping.

·
Registered
993 Posts
6 grand for what?
I think he's talking about putting the money into the build (turbo and supportive mods) and if 6,000 doesn't do the job then there is no point in in doing other than being original. 6,000 is hopefully overkill.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
These engines are cheap and the mr20 is better if you break the mr18. I wouldn't touch the engine. I would see what the stock limits are. Like stated only car specific part is an exhaust manifold. Build/make one of those and the rest is custom. Goodluck. Hope you do itbut I have seen so many "i waana go turbo" threads and maybe only a few people actually do it.

For the 1.6 guys there are alot of turbo 1.6's out there. None in the US but people in other countries have been slapping turbo's on for awhile. Last one I read about had almost 150whp at 6psi. Doesnt sound like alot but with that nice torque it must be nice to drive. Even better on a few hundred pound lighter usdm sedan then the tiida hatch.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
got Links?
Here is one from thailand. Thailand got Turbo:Low Boost

The hr16de is also used in the micra, juke(non usa), qashqai and tiida. Might be more also. So plenty of people modding that engine. So far I've seen bunch of tiida's and the qashqai boosted. There is a bunch of youtube vids on that one.

So funny as the US considers the HR the crappy base engine but in other countries it is praised and considered the premium engine. Case in point the micra 160sr.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Here is one from thailand. Thailand got Turbo:Low Boost

The hr16de is also used in the micra, juke(non usa), qashqai and tiida. Might be more also. So plenty of people modding that engine. So far I've seen bunch of tiida's and the qashqai boosted. There is a bunch of youtube vids on that one.

So funny as the US considers the HR the crappy base engine but in other countries it is praised and considered the premium engine. Case in point the micra 160sr.
I have seen the video for this links build, sounds great, I think I posted a thread with the video attached. Bolt On Turbo was the name of the thread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.