Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always have thought they meant "I would like to come into your lane as soon as possible" However, most people seem to think they mean "move out of my way now"

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm good until 3 or so ppl blast past me, then I tend to get a bit aggressive.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It can be so annoying.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Ya you have to be aggressive now a days. People tend to not want to let you in :(
I just eventually squeeze myself in. Versa isn't too big, she can get the job done !

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
yeah, you have to be aggressive, when I go to atlanta, ga and traffic gets heavy and I need to move over, I turn the blinker on and if I see no signs that none is going to let me in, I look for a small gap, time it and I will get in, but usually somebody lets me in because I always let people get on my lane when they are trying to move over, to me it is not a big deal and it is also rude not letting people move over and the car behind me can deal with it.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
This might be funny to some of you, and Im not trying to start any problems here but Im the kind of driver that wont let you in. Lol Most people dont even say thank you or atleast hunk(meaning thanks) so I make them suffer. :46:

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I usually wave my hand up to say thank you. Whether they can see through the tint, I don't care; I know I did it. And those who don't let me in, well eventually I just cut in front of them and squeeze myself in. I just don't get why they freak out. We are all going in the same direction at the same speed. One or two cars ahead of you won't cut down that much time for ya !

·
Registered
43 Posts
what about people using the turn signal after they are already half-way in the lane!!!
and other people who just pop-up in front of you without even noticing where they came from!

you should thank God the drivers in your country know there is something called "turn signal" exists in their cars. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
One of the things I've noticed since moving to the US is that indicators/blinkers/turn signals are optional for too many people. I remember the first time I ran into one of these people.. stopped in their lane on a small two lane road just sat there. I thought he must have broken down or something then was told by my passenger.. ohh he's probably just going to turn. I couldn't understand if he was going to turn why wouldn't he use his indicator? It isn't like it's a hard thing to do is it.. simple thing to flip up and good to let other drivers know your intentions.

Personally I find it bad manners on the road to not use an indicator or allow other non aggressive drivers in if they need to change lanes. If someone wants in and they are not being a bastard I'll slow a bit and let them in. I also find aggressive drivers to be a major nuisance on the road but also the part of the reason I have a job haha. Aggressive drivers will without a doubt bring their cars and themselves to an early end if not careful.

I tend to be an defensive driver. If people get to close to my bumper I slow down.. they get closer I'll flash my brake lights until they go around or pull back. Once they get the message I'll return to driving normally. I'll also use my indicator before turning but I've noticed many times people here will speed up if they see you moving in front so I move right in. If they sit on my bumper I start to slow on them again until they move over or get back. It's a simple set of tactics that appear to work and keep stress levels to a minimum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts