Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Beck used to be good parts equivalent of OEM but don't know now as many of the old school companies have been bought by consortiums to then drop the product quality through the floor to cheapen parts to get more profits. The $20 price says crap part, commonly front end parts that cheap have low grade hardening done on cheaper steels and they wear like lightning. Compare it to like a Moog part price which is OEM quality too. The Moog will have the better steel used and better heat treating of it too. Something to keep in mind is that Beck is a consortium too rather than a part maker, they are a second party distributor only there.

A lifetime warranty if part is bought OTC will mean nothing there, they often give the same warranty on both the expensive and lesser expensive part. All it means on the cheap crap part is that they will give you the crap ones all day long but YOU lose the time and effort installing them.

I used to be in parts and with front end stuff you can pretty much plan on part a year with buying the cheaper stuff, they are that bad.

The reality of it, the Nissan price is too high and the Beck is too low, that says something about both lines. Today's world of super cheap Chinese parts means often many if not most are junk now, but the people who make good ones have had to drive the prices skyward as people making $8/hr. cannot afford to fix the family car at the price they have to charge for a good part.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fully agree with you ... when you pay an alignment at 80$ and you install B/ A at 20$ that will not last an year in a tuff road condition ... that is not logical

Presently, OEM part is 90$ CAN so i will insvest with thoses OEM tye rod and avoid to replace after one year.

My Nissan has 50000km so with OEM part that not a bad deal to pay more but remove a chance to change it after one year if i install cheap part.

For now, except of MOOG or OTC, i will pay for OEM part.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Not worth the time unless you know FOR SURE your old one is bad and can tell the difference in a good one or bad one in the scrapyard.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My versa has 50000 km so when i will expect to change it ... 75000km ... 100000km ??

I drive on road condition that is not like an highway in USA but sometime i feel like inside a washing machine so you can imagine that is not like a ditch but similar :)

DD

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry but i expect to have answer about serious forum ...my question was to know normally when you have to change it ...

·
Registered
939 Posts
Expect what you will but recognize reality often does not work like that. When you expect a serious answer you have to pose the question in a serious way, putting it out there with a disclaimer of damage from road conditions automatically predisposed the question toward an impossible answer.

Normal = never, your roads = way early and undeterminable. A computer could not give you more unless the answer was incorrect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
2 Participants
amc49
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing