Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty much like the title says. The rear wheels have worn to 3/8 tread on the outside of each rear tire, while maintaining a 5/8 on the inside of the wheel. So basically if you looked at the car from the rear it would look like this.

\ /

Has anyone else experienced this? Local NTB claims they can't get it to spec on the alignment due to the lowering unless I did something drastic to alter the current setup, like shims.

Anyone have ideas how to defeat this easily?
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Whats your tire pressure? Under inflation will cause tires to wear on the out side and over inflation can cause the tires to wear in the centre.

I hit a curb and it caused the tire I hit to go inwards. I replaced the rear suspension beam which fixed the problem.

·
Registered
102 Posts
IF you lower a car.. you should get it aligned ASAP. There are camber bolts for the front and shims that be used for the rear.

Also the lower you go... the more "work" it usually takes to get things back into spec.

I was able to get away with just bolts for the front. still have my shims, not needed for the drop I ran.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You just have to take the car in for a wheel alignment. That will fix your problem, but obviously won't fix your tires. Once you get new tires put on, you won't see the uneven tread wear.

·
Registered
174 Posts
When I lowered my V, the alignment shop said I had too much tow-in at the right rear. I now have it in my garage and will be taking a look at what "shims" I need to correct for this.
Camber seems to be OK though.

·
Registered
259 Posts
There are alignment specs for the rear so you can't say it can't be aligned. Oh and there's no actual axle in the rear, it's a torsion beam.
Yes I understand there are alignment specs, hence why I brought up shims for the rear. What I was trying to say is you can't do a normal alignment since its a solid suspension beam. Sorry for incorrectly using a different terminology. I don't have much of an automotive background until I got my versa.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Maybe the tire/wheel size has something to do with it, just throwing that out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.