Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all think should be first? Last? If you could give me an order that'd be splendid. I know some suspension stuff is more important than other and I also have non suspension based stuff on the list as well.And if you guys have any parts in mind don't be afraid to suggest :)
Thanks in advance!! :D

-DC Cat-back
-Lowering springs (1.5" to 2" drop)
-front strut bar
-rear shock tower brace
-rear sway bar
-front sway bar
-stronger coilovers
-better shocks (maybe?)
-New tires with 17/18s wheels

I think that covers it all..

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I don't think there is a front sway bar out for the versa yet the rest of the list sounds good

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Already have Takeda installed :burnout:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quick question: how do you guys remove the emblems without damaging the paint? The rear ones anyway..

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Ooops, didnt read your signature. As for removing the emblems...most people use hair dryers and fishing line. There's a DIY somewhere around. I removed my emblems and love how it looks(pics in my album).

·
Registered
35 Posts
My list of mods done, first the Takeda Short intake, second the Tanabe Axle back exhaust, third I want is the headers, then I will get the rims and tires, finally the lowering springs. All cosmetics will be the last thing I will do, I want to make sure it rides perfect, as much as I want it to anyway, before it looks perfect!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice list neohauoli

Thanks a lot hr16de! I don't have adhesive remover so can I just do hair dryer and pick at it until the adhesive is gone?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We used to have that but all we have is Turtle wax rubbing compound.. I don't think that'll help much.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it took a good long 20 ish minutes removing the letters plus burger and all the extra adhesive. I realized that using the fishing line agains the paint made thin scratches :bash: could have been avoided but oh well. I hope the rubbing compound and a good waxing can undo this... wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Thanks a lot hr16de! I don't have adhesive remover so can I just do hair dryer and pick at it until the adhesive is gone?
No problem. And I've never used that compound so I'd get Goo Gone, I used it when I removed my emblems, dealership sticker, and pinstripe...works wonders. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah it doesn't work. And since it didn't, me being the cheap guy that I am, turned to the household sponge. Realizing it didn't scrub off I used the green side, it looks like I sanded the part where the badges went now. :cryin: :badidea: So I don't know what to do now.. I'm about to go get some 3m remover and then cry at my partly sanded down trunk lid. :sad: any suggestions how to get the reflective shine of the paint back? I tried washing and waxing the area and no luck..

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
depending on how bad the scratches are you could try to get it buffed out

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I tried. It didn't do anything. *sigh* I washed it and waxed it and removed all the adhesive and nothing. The scratches are too deep.

I talked to advance auto parts after buying goo gone and he said I could try some product that wasn't likely to work orrr I should just get some touchup paint.. And I told him I'll likely get the paint, since that's not guaranteed to work. :/

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To the left of the reflection of the light you can faintly see a spot where the burger used to be that looks rough and "sanded-down" :/

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What Charlie looks like "nude"
Can't see his sanded down burger spot from far so that's kind of good lol

Also anyone know what in the second pic is/for?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.