Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here has tried to upgrade their inside rearview mirror to the one with Homelink/compass/auto-dim.? I kinda wish I had it. Anyone know if my 2014 Note SV is prewired for it? A local Craigslist seller has a Infinity unit for sale & claims they are all the same for all Nissans. Any experience???

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I believe I just answered my own question. There are different part numbers for the mirrors. That includes a different mirror for the Gen 1 & 2 Versas. They are slightly less on Ebay for about $200 new. Likely too new of a car & a more rare option to find in the used parts market. The few pictures I could find, showed different plugs on all of the various harnesses. I still wonder if you have to run wires all the way to the fuse box or an easy pre-connect at the headliner. The CL one I mentioned has the whole harness, so I still wonder if I could make it work.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I was wondering if anyone here has tried to upgrade their inside rearview mirror to the one with Homelink/compass/auto-dim.? I kinda wish I had it. Anyone know if my 2014 Note SV is prewired for it? A local Craigslist seller has a Infinity unit for sale & claims they are all the same for all Nissans. Any experience???
AFAIK the mirror doesnt need to be wired to anything in the car as it is a stand alone unit that contains the homelink, dimming and compass all within the mirror itself, so i think it should be as straight forward as just swapping the mirrors. At least that's how the mirror in my previous 370Z worked.

·
Registered
527 Posts
AFAIK the mirror doesnt need to be wired to anything in the car as it is a stand alone unit that contains the homelink, dimming and compass all within the mirror itself, so i think it should be as straight forward as just swapping the mirrors. At least that's how the mirror in my previous 370Z worked.
You still need to run a wire to power the unit I would think. I do not know of any OEM Homelink, compass and dimming rear view mirror that is battery operated.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I could not find one for the Note, but here are the instructions for the Auto Dimming/Homelink/Compass RVM for a Versa Sedan.

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/asistgc_1/diskdocs/1/T/J/1TJ17.PDF

As I expected, you need to run a power and ground wire to the unit and the power wire has to be wired to the fuseblock.

The instructions for the Juke are identical to the PDF above.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank guys. So it looks like other Nissan Mirrors would work, it would just lack the proper wire cover from the mirror base to the headliner for a factory appearance etc...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.