Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

First off I am a new to the Nissan Versa, seems like a great little car.

I know this question has been asked but I would like clarification on a few things. I have the 2008 'S' model package with the basic 1 CD player and will be upgrading to a 6 CD player from a 2010 (see illustration).

To my understanding does one need an additional iPod harness that plugs into the back of the SL radio and into the iPod?

If so, can I use the radio trim from a newer SL (see illustration) that includes the 'usb' and aux jack and use them together for a factory look to run my iPod?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't mind buying the harness. Is it a harness that goes from back of radio to ipod or back of radio to the radio bezel/trim?

Could someone post a picture of what else I'm buying besides the radio?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok so I am continuing this thread in hopes of helping others.

I now have the SL radio from a 2010 Nissan Versa SL (with ipod and AUX jack). I have posted a Side by side comparison of (top) 2010 Nissan Versa SL with ipod and Aux Radio and (bottom) 2008 Nissan Versa S Radio [note: both radios are double DIN]

I have connected (A) antennae, (C) and (E). Can someone tell me what is (B) and (D) for ?? I'm assuming one is for the ipod/bluetooth/satnav and the other is for the steering wheel volume control.

Secondly, I am now looking for the ipod harness that goes from the back of the radio to either the glasses holder or the jack near the parking brake. Specifically I am looking for the schematics of the wiring for that harness (ie. what color wires go where.)

Thank you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
doesn't seem like this question has been answered, and my questions the same anyone have anymore input?
iPod harness that plugs into the back of the SL radio and into the iPod? or something else? What are the differences in the picture above

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok so I am continuing this thread in hopes of helping others.

I now have the SL radio from a 2010 Nissan Versa SL (with ipod and AUX jack). I have posted a Side by side comparison of (top) 2010 Nissan Versa SL with ipod and Aux Radio and (bottom) 2008 Nissan Versa S Radio [note: both radios are double DIN]

I have connected (A) antennae, (C) and (E). Can someone tell me what is (B) and (D) for ?? I'm assuming one is for the ipod/bluetooth/satnav and the other is for the steering wheel volume control.

Secondly, I am now looking for the ipod harness that goes from the back of the radio to either the glasses holder or the jack near the parking brake. Specifically I am looking for the schematics of the wiring for that harness (ie. what color wires go where.)

Thank you.
I don't know about (B), but (D) looks exactly like the GPS antenna connector of my radio. Also, the steering wheel controls are wired through the (E) harness, you can find more info at http://axxessinterfaces.com/ or http://contentdocs.installernet.com/documents/vehicle/10972.pdf. You don't need that interface to connect your new radio, but you can learn more about your wires.

Hope this will help.

Ricardo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can anyone chime in with the answer? I don't want to use the aux jack. i want to use the ipod full functionality, scroll through songs and have the IDE tags scroll on the display.

·
Registered
37 Posts
this has still not been answered, I put the SL radio in works great but don't want to use the AUX port, want full access to the IPOD menu and songs. What do I need to purchase?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just removed a 13' Versa stock unit and I'm also interested in finding the Ipod harness.

(D) is for the bluetooth microphone.

My stock unit is a bit different than yours, (B) or (C) is not present (I'll check and take a picture tonight).

My project is a bit different. My plan is to hook up the stock unit to a different vehicle. I ordered harnesses Metra 71-75552 and Scosche NAA2RB and I just need the Ipod interfase.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's not it. That's what you use to hook up the Ipod to the harness the OP is looking for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As promised here are my unit's pictures. Mine doesn't have (C)

Summarizing:

(A) Antenna
(B) Ipod
(C) 1st gen Versa connector. CD changer (?)
(D) Bluetooth microphone
(E) Main harness

Still need to figure out how to connect (B) to the Nissan cable.

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback SL
26 Posts
i believe (E) is for the cruise control. gonna work on my existing problem of it not wanting to turn on after removing my 6 cd changer. unit is good but cd player is kaput. will update soon.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Well I can tell you the steering wheel controls are in the main harness. Its just 3 wires. You can actually add them if you like. I would assume that the other 2 plugs are for the ipod/sat or bluetooth and the other might of been for the Rockford system used in the 07-09 hatchbacks. My 09 versa sedan only had 2 plugs. Main and antenna. We had an 09 hatch SL with bluetooth, but I never got to look at it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.