Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

First off I am a new to the Nissan Versa, seems like a great little car.

I know this question has been asked but I would like clarification on a few things. I have the 2008 'S' model package with the basic 1 CD player and will be upgrading to a 6 CD player from a 2010 (see illustration).

To my understanding does one need an additional iPod harness that plugs into the back of the SL radio and into the iPod?

If so, can I use the radio trim from a newer SL (see illustration) that includes the 'usb' and aux jack and use them together for a factory look to run my iPod?

Thanks for your help.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't mind buying the harness. Is it a harness that goes from back of radio to ipod or back of radio to the radio bezel/trim?

Could someone post a picture of what else I'm buying besides the radio?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok so I am continuing this thread in hopes of helping others.

I now have the SL radio from a 2010 Nissan Versa SL (with ipod and AUX jack). I have posted a Side by side comparison of (top) 2010 Nissan Versa SL with ipod and Aux Radio and (bottom) 2008 Nissan Versa S Radio [note: both radios are double DIN]

I have connected (A) antennae, (C) and (E). Can someone tell me what is (B) and (D) for ?? I'm assuming one is for the ipod/bluetooth/satnav and the other is for the steering wheel volume control.

Secondly, I am now looking for the ipod harness that goes from the back of the radio to either the glasses holder or the jack near the parking brake. Specifically I am looking for the schematics of the wiring for that harness (ie. what color wires go where.)

Thank you.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can anyone chime in with the answer? I don't want to use the aux jack. i want to use the ipod full functionality, scroll through songs and have the IDE tags scroll on the display.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.