Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot remove the lower bolt on the left side upper link of the front suspension. Anyone have experience or information with this problem? Help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Use a 6 point socket, get a 1/2 inch drive socket and long breaker bar. Try spraying it with pb blaster, wd 40, etc. Try hittng it square with a hammer a few times. Try turning it clockwise slightly to see if you can get any movement. Yes, to unscrew it you want to turn it counter clock wise or to the left if you are facing the head of the bolt.

For 50 bucks you can buy an electric impact wrench from harbor freight. Its well worth the money and uses 110 volts so you can plug it into any outlet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. The problem is that there is not a nut at the top of the bolt to keep the link bushing from just turning. I trying using vise grips multiple times but they will not hold.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
You may need a second person. Sometimes its possible to rig up a socket and braker bar so it wont fall off, but I know from experience its hard.

Sounds like in this case an impact wrench maybe the only choice for one side removal. May still benefit from switching direction to get some movement.

Vice grips are strange. It seems when you use them they grip pretty well. When you arent holding them the slightly pressure and they pop off.

If you can replace it, use jb weld or some eproxy and stick it to something to keep it from moving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
Theodore Grey
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing