Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a lot of these threads on this forum are awfully quiet, but I can't seem to find an upper torque mount by myself so I figured I'd ask here.

I have a 2010 Nissan Versa S with the 1.8.

I've seen mention of an NRG Innovations upper torque mount, and was unsure if this meant they made one specifically for the Versa and just quit production. Just curious if anyone knew where to get one, or had one they would be willing to part with!

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
That would be me. I got
It isn't a direct replacement. I had to bolt it into an existing spot on the body and through a bolt on the engine.

HERE'S AN ALBUM

It worked really well in reducing the engine from bucking during aggressive driving and shifting. It also worked really well in increasing cabin noise. Really really well. I eventually paired it with a new OEM mount which took out the loud noise but kept the engine in place.

I know its at an angle but I've had it like that for a year with loads of autocross runs and laps on a track. This car is also my daily and I drive it hard all the time. The angle doesn't seem to be too extreme or to cause any issues on the body. I haven't seen any signs of stress around the mounts and check it frequently.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Kat hat that looks really good! I have a 15 sedan and that kick from first to second bugs the hell out of me and I don't push it that hard.. I have to look into getting one of those!

·
Registered
691 Posts
What i did was burned out the rubber (big end) and used a couple of control arm polyurethane bushings, press fit in, and an M12 sleeve through the center of course. I did have to shim up the factory bolt with some washers but you could get the right bolt to fit too.. but washers are fine for me but it's an appearance thing too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts