Nissan Versa Forums banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

· Registered
1,281 Posts
awesome man!!!! so how does it feel now? i want them to do a tune on 91 for me :p
so they are able to tune the CVT? thats tight. i wonder how the MT and the Autos will do. are you going back for anymore tunes? when you say a "simple tune" wat do u mean by simple. i wonder if we can get 10 or 15 with a really good tune

· Registered
1,281 Posts
so i can bring in my CVT Versa in uprev here in LA????
you have to go to one of their Pro Tuners, there are several in our area.
1) Specialty Z
2) HB Speed
3) Church automotive

you can go to any of those 3

· Registered
1,281 Posts
yay i think coil overs can wait hahahaha :p
yes... yes they can :driving: haha

ive been talking to uprev, and they said they want me to go to specialty z to get some base runs so they can tune the car, i calld and made an appointment for tmrw, then i emaild uprev asking if i am supposed to do base runs or get a tune. he emailed me back saying "if your ROM is patched they can do full tuning" i don't konw if that means they are gonna tune the car tmrw or if im just goin on the dyno for runs... ill have to ask when im there... im confused. ha

· Registered
1,281 Posts
forgot to mention, you will feel more performance the more you drive it because the computer in the car is learning the new AFR so the longer you drive it the better it will be :cheers2:

· Registered
1,281 Posts
whats the diameter of the piping on your exhaust? the CVT is funny on the dyno.... so what were your baseline numbers?
115whp

words for post

· Premium Member
3,279 Posts
So I spent quite a long a time (5.5 hours)at UpRev today....

They dyno'd my car and hit 115 hp after the tune it went up 119.8 hp.

So almost 5hp with just a simple tune. Everyone there was really cool and you can tell they really know their Sh***

I ended up getting the Osiris Standard w/ Valet Mode, 87 octane dyno tune and low octane tune.

very happy with results definitely worth the time and $$$
If spending money for a tune why in the world did you get and 87 octane tune. Most nissans I have seen (ka24de and SR20de engines) you can gain an easy 5whp just by advancing the timing and running 91 octane. That is without any software upgrade. Why didn't you go for a more aggressive tune?

Please post your before and after dyno sheets too. Laid over each other if possible. Because peak HP really doesn't mean as much as area under the curve.

· Registered
1,281 Posts
If spending money for a tune why in the world did you get and 87 octane tune. Most nissans I have seen (ka24de and SR20de engines) you can gain an easy 5whp just by advancing the timing and running 91 octane. That is without any software upgrade. Why didn't you go for a more aggressive tune?

Please post your before and after dyno sheets too. Laid over each other if possible. Because peak HP really doesn't mean as much as area under the curve.
i wonder if he gained more because the cvt has "bands" right? something like that? maybe he gained more in different bands besides this one. just throwin that out there, not even sure if what im talking about is correct.

· Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Can we get them so we can see the RPM's and AF? Also would like to see torque.

Looks like a nice gain throughout the entire powerband except for very early down low.

· Registered
1,281 Posts
heard today that they are trying some new things out with teh versa software. can't wait till its officially release :D

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Can we get them so we can see the RPM's and AF? Also would like to see torque.

Looks like a nice gain throughout the entire powerband except for very early down low.
not sure if you'd see rpms on the sheet cuz he has a cvt, the rpms don't move they lock on a certain rpm. somethin like that. i think.

· Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
So where are these dyno tuning places located? Do they upgrade your ECU and reflash everything? How exactly does this all work out?
I think if you go to http://www.uprev.com to find your local tuner. They will reflash your ECU and program the tune program. If you have the smart key bring both of them. Bc they will have to re-sync both the keys after the reflash the ECU. And once you get the tune, they will teach you how to switch modes. On mine they used my Cruise control setting to switch my between my Tune programs

· Registered
187 Posts
I have the results from DC with the addition of the Cat-Back but when I tried to post it the picture was way to small to read so if you want a copy send me your email and I'll send it to you. We got a total of 113.50/116.89hp and 117.93/120.88tq. The first number being with a stock axle back and no Resonator so the Dyno Operator and DC were guessing that with a totally stock system (Resonator there) it would conservatively be from one to two more total hp/tq....in other words 111.50/116.89hp-115.93/120.88tq. The torque is great and why you can feel it the seat of your pants when accelerating. Here is a picture of it on Tango's Sedan so you Sedan owners can see where it exits on your cars. Just another consideration for adding hp/tq without having to drive somewhere and you can install yourself and it sounds great and with a little "kick in the pants" feel. :thumb2:

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.