Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We have a 2009 Versa Base. My GF slipped in the snow several months back and bent one of the wheels a tad. Thus I ordered a OEM Reconditioned steel wheel from RockAuto. However, I ordered the wrong wheel. I ordered a 15" wheel when I should have ordered a 14" wheel. :c(

RockAuto does not carry 14" wheel's for the Versa. Where can I get one for a good price? Online or local is fine with me. I live in the Washington, DC area if that helps.

Also, the mechanic that suggested the wheel be replaced also said the TPMS has problems. The pin in the valve where the air goes in is bent, so I guess bit of air comes leaks out? Is there a way to fix it or do I have buy an entire new TPMS? What is a good cheap place to buy one, I am guessing I must order the OEM part?

Is there a way to sync the replace TPMS with the car, without having to go to the dealer?

Thank You!

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Welcome to the forums. As far as the wheel, you can try junkyards, you should be good as long as they're the correct bolt pattern.

Now, TPMS sensors, you can try ebay but I believe they have to be activated by Nissan. Good luck.

·
Registered
993 Posts
The base modles have 15" steelies on them already. Idk if the the Versa ever had 14" wheels.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The local junkyards have online sites with parts inventory, can't find any 14" wheel locally. Any place I can order online? Does it have to be OEM?

Also, what is the model of the OEM TPMS? I noticed the dormon sensors are cheaper but not sure if they will properly work with the car?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Im not sure about the sensors but wheels dont have to be OEM. You can try other cars as well. 2000+ Sentra, 240sx, 1993-2001 Altima, 1990-2002 Accord, 1992-1996 Prelude. Just make sure they're 14in. and 4X114. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
A little late to the discussion, but I thought I could share what I have learned about TPMS wheel sensors while trying to decide what to do about my always-on TPMS light.

The following pertains to the 15" steel wheels in my 07:

From the Schrader web site, the part number I found for sensors was, 40700-JA02B. There are also somewhat universal TPMS sensors that fit many different cars, called "EZ sensors". The part number for that is 33000. I saw these for $50 on amazon. I suspect many tire shops might carry the EZ sensors so they don't have to stock so many different models of sensors.

From what I have been told, the sensors must be programmed to the cars computer. I would be surprised if the bigger tire shops didn't have the programming tools to do this. So you may not need to go to Nissan for that.

After five or six years the battery in the TPMS sensors start to fail, and you get the always-on TPMS light. The batteries are not replacable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.