Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this thread, post what you've done on vacation. Where did you go, what was the area like. What did you like about it?

I'll start with my post...

Starting 8/22, Im headed up to Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. Going to camp for a few days, check out the geysers, hike for a day and one day of photography. Then on 8/25 drive through Idaho, stop halfway in Boise. Next day will drive to Crater Lake, Oregon and camp for a few days. On the way back to Denver, stop in Salt Lake City and get myself some In N Out burger!

Once I'm back home, I'll post up the pics!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Kingston ON weekend trip

Took tour boat through Thousand Island region, from Kingston ON.
The Island Belle I

Fort Henry

windmills and sailboats

historic and picturesque downtown

Before Ottawa, Kingston was the original capital of Canada. Our first Prime Minister, scot Sir John A. MacDonald, rests there.
Good time enjoyed by all! the 08versailles family

·
Registered
101 Posts
Took tour boat through Thousand Island region, from Kingston ON.
The Island Belle I

Fort Henry

windmills and sailboats

historic and picturesque downtown

Before Ottawa, Kingston was the original capital of Canada. Our first Prime Minister, scot Sir John A. MacDonald, rests there.
Good time enjoyed by all! the 08versailles family

Lol! I've been on this exact boat tour!

As for my vacay, at the beginning of july i went out east (nova scotia) with my family to see family. First time out there, such amazing scenery in that part of the country!

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
We clocked about 12 hours of driving today ... Staying in Virginia for the night. Just under 6 hours left tomorrow. :)

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
We clocked about 12 hours of driving today ... Staying in Virginia for the night. Just under 6 hours left tomorrow. :)
awesome! go safe! had a deer gallop in front of me again yesterday, just around the corner from home. wasn't close at all but still a full grown doe:(Keep your eyes peeled! How's Dave's fuel economy?

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
My dad does not record the mileage like I do with Kit. But we figured out that we spent about $40 after one stop, we had used about 3/4 of a tank, and we got almost 500kms for it. A bit better than taking the old van, plus much comfier and roomier too. 3 adults and two dogs on a long trip is too uncomfortable in Kit.

And we saw four deer by the side of the road today, just walking around ... :)

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
639 Posts
@ ILMV08 Welcome to Virginia. Do you mind me asking what part you are staying at?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just last month, my wife and I went to Massachusetts for a weekend vacation..

Good Harbor Beach, Gloucester - 'Nice place to relax and unwind. The beach is not too crowded. People were friendly and courteous. Lot's of good eats. :thumb2:

Food!!!:woot:

Boston - we just passed by there to see what's up..

My friend told me to try this when in Boston..

And yeah, FOOD!!!:woot:

From August 24 to 29 wife and I will be in Las Vegas and Utah.. 'can't wait!:woot:

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My vacation was approved for 8/22 to 9/5... So I'll be in Yellowstone Wyoming for a few days then in Oregon on 8/26, woot! Camping, and hiking!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Loving the beach and hot weather here in Myrtle Beach
i'm curious just how hot/comfortable is it there. How's humidity relative to the Hammer? Enjoy!

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
i'm curious just how hot/comfortable is it there. How's humidity relative to the Hammer? Enjoy!
It's definitely hotter than back home, but doesn't seem as humid. Plus sitting by the ocean helps a lot :)

The dogs though are disliking the heat. They don't want to go for walks for very long.
We took them to the water the first night (allowed after 5pm) but the sand was near impossible to wash out of their hair so we haven't taken them back yet, lol.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My vacation was approved for 8/22 to 9/5... So I'll be in Yellowstone Wyoming for a few days then in Oregon on 8/26, woot! Camping, and hiking!
I'm glad you got it! I hope you have a good time!

I have no vacations this year. =[

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Checking in from Boise, ID. Hope everybody is having a good day! Ill be in Crater Lake OR tomorrow evening!

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Back from my vacation ... Just finished unloading Dave and unpacking.

Gotta repack tomorrow morning, then drive Kit out to Ottawa :) :blue flower:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts