Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my buddies told me that it would be a good idea to add a velocity stack to my cold air intake. do any of you know if it works, or what it actually does? and is it really a good idea for me to get?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I have seen dyno results of them working. It allows for a larger opening air filter and a smoother flow of air. This was on SR20 powered cars using JWT velocity stacks but I don't see why the results would be any different. Don't expect a huge or even noticeable difference if you already have a regular CAI on the car. But every little bit counts.

·
Registered
993 Posts
No real need for one but, if you think it will help. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i want to try it but i dont know which one to get. i looked them up on ebay and they sell 3 inch and 4 inch ones. also, would i have to take the filter off or do i put the filter over the stack?

·
Registered
993 Posts
You want to buy one that fits your intake, just find the specs for the one you have and buy the appropriate size.

·
Registered
440 Posts
For the horsepower that the Versas have there really isn't any point.

Essentially, velocity stacks are used to squeeze ever single miniscule HP from a turbo setup to make it as efficient as possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.