Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,
my wife versa take a long shot to start in the morning. It only happen with cold engine after sitting in the driveway for more than 10 hours. It take at least 20 seconds of cranking and idle poorly after that. This summer i've changed the fuel pressure regulator as per TSB NTB07-094c. Could it be failling again or maybe the pump? It look like the fuel pressure get long to build. No check engine light and no code stored in the ecm. Also, battery, spark plug and all maintenance stuff are good.

Nissan versa 2007 with CVT. 120k miles on it

·
Registered
105 Posts
You might try turning the ignition on first, then the seat belt or wait 5 seconds before engaging the starter and this may let the fuel pump build up pressure to start easier.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 80600 miles

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
A bad injector can cause the fuel system to not hold pressure too. Has the mpg declined or do you smell gas when the car is parked for the day?

·
Registered
982 Posts
New guy with a son with a Versa...........................can you listen carefully to hear the fuel pump when the key is turned on? Useful tool on Fords that can tell you much.

·
Registered
982 Posts
X2 to the leaky injector thing. I do not know on these but depending on how fuel pressure is controlled there can be other check valves in the system that could do some of the same effect. Often a check valve in the pump itself.

Can you mechanically check pressure on these or is it by software only? (no schrader valve)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts