Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
The MR18DE trans won't fit onto the QR, totally different mounting on the block, unless you find a machinist that can fab a custom bracket, but thats if you got the dough for it. As far as fitting the motor, possibly custom everything like mounts, fuel lines, exhaust, radiator, etc. Then theres the wiring, like pinning out the Versa harness for the ECU for the QR, or maybe worse chopping and splicing the Versa harness.

·
Banned
455 Posts
Spec v tranny is different than a mr tranny...it won't work...as much as I love to see the new qr in a versa its most likly gonna be costly...but to be honest I don't see why it wouldn't work...the sentra takes both mr and qr...so would the mounts be the same? So a versa being a mr and mr20 have gone in them can't a qr too??

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Enjoy... Tranny, ecu, wiring harness, axles, hubs, knuckles, all different than versa. You can do it. But for the 10grand or whatever, id drop an sr20det in there
:thumb2: I like your style! SR20

·
Registered
656 Posts
an SR20 swap would be sick tho

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Ive been thinking of this for a while now. Ive been wanting to get a cheap high mileage versa, and gut it out and put that thing in there. If anything id like to get the 3.5 in there. Anybody remember the dodge shadow with the 3.0 V6 and how much of a tight fit that was? My friend has a 5 speed v6 and that dam thing is a monster, if we could do that with the Versa, but I bet it would work in a sentra

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
i do remember the v6 shadows:Dthey were in the New Yorkers too. I had a few K cars, but of course they were all 2.2L Chrysler motors or 2.6L Mitsubishis. Had only seen one with a manual, and it wasn't mine:(

·
Banned
455 Posts
Ive been thinking of this for a while now. Ive been wanting to get a cheap high mileage versa, and gut it out and put that thing in there. If anything id like to get the 3.5 in there. Anybody remember the dodge shadow with the 3.0 V6 and how much of a tight fit that was? My friend has a 5 speed v6 and that dam thing is a monster, if we could do that with the Versa, but I bet it would work in a sentra
Have you seen the b15 spec v with a vq swap? 3.5 v6 ftw!! They are crazy fast...my buddy has one in pa and I got to drive it....holy balls it will throw you back in your set...he pushed bout 250 wheels just swaping iit from what I remeber...it hasn't been done in a b16 spec v yet..I don't think it will fit just due to the crampness of the engine bay...its a bit smaller than of the older sentra

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Why don't you just wait till they come out with the new HB Versa, I hear is gonna be turbo. Might be cheaper on the long run. But if the point is to have something unique, I also suggest the SR20. Only heard of one out there, which is used for racing. Engine and parts are cheaper for it, and in abundant.

·
Registered
656 Posts
yeah just looked that turbo thing up, should be sweet

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I don't know about ya but i'm digging the new HBs, especially in red.

·
Banned
455 Posts
Also rumor is that the new sentra SE-R will also be turbo....2012 is the last year for the b16 model...no body for sure knows what the new one will look like for if they even contiune with the spec v....so guessing next year will be a big change for nissan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.