Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2007 Versa S model. My problem is the ac compressor does not kick in when I press the AC button. I looked in the owner's manual and can't find the AC relay. Can someone tell me where it is located. Also, is there a way to test the 3 wire pressure sensor?

Thanks,

Frank

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2007 Versa S model. My problem is the ac compressor does not kick in when I press the AC button. I looked in the owner's manual and can't find the AC relay. Can someone tell me where it is located. Also, is there a way to test the 3 wire pressure sensor?

Thanks,

Frank
You sure the relay is the problem? Or the freon leaked out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that there is freon in the system, because I depressed the low pressure valve and freon came out. I do not know if I am low on freon, but I would like to know where the AC relay is located so that I can test it. I called the dealer and spoke with the parts department, but he could not tell me since he only sells the parts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Before trying to get the clutch to engage, have the car off and see if you can turn the compressor by hand(not the pulley) and if you can turn it, the compressor isn't locked up, at that point it could be the clutch

·
Registered
226 Posts
the "Relay" is embedded in the IPDM. If that's bad, you have to replace the entire IPDM. There is a 10A fuse you can check (top right).

Beyond that you'll have to locate the the correct plug terminals on the IPDM with pins that relate to the A/C circuit and verify that way. you'll need wiring diagrams for that work, as it is entirely likely that you will need to test multiple pins on different plug terminals to check the whole system.

TSB NTB09-036 warns to never remove the black "relays". It states they are NOT swappable.

Reactions: bigbri
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.