Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Get a mechanics stethoscope and pinpoint where it's coming from. You will figure which part in 2 seconds.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Well my versa doesn't make this noise but our 2011 rogue makes the exact same noise. I read online that the throttlebody can make this noise. Part of a diagnostic self learn for plate position. I hope this is normal. We just picked up this rogue not too long ago.

Also my versa is 5spd and the rogue is a cvt. not sure if that matters.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
The noise seems very amplified on your video. It is pretty quiet actually. Well at least on our rogue it is. Please post up any info you find and I will do the same. Hopefully we can fix this issue or find out that it's normal.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
I will need to look into mine again because it seems to be coming from the top by the throttle body. Hopefully this isn't anything serious because I just got this rogue. If it is serious it needs to be figured out within the next 2k miles because thats when the limited warranty expires.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
soon as I get a chance and a helper I will bust out the trusty stethoscope and pinpoint exactly where it's coming from on my rogue. It may be the starter. There is no other signs of starter issues. Cranks quick, no excessive draw when starting or anything. I will post up when I figure mine out.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Normal or not I want to know what it is still LOL. It doesn't seem to be an issue at all and just like you this noise isn't very audible on the rogue. Your video makes it sound like a jackhammer in your face.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.