Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Your best bet would be to get some of different color and powder coat them orange. If that don't work for you just go to google and type in "Orange Wheels", see what pops up.

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
If that's too orange there was one I saw earlier at my friend's garage. http://www.1010tires.com/images/wheels/super/Konig-Farther-GreyOrange_lg_super.jpg
It's called the Konig "Forward"
Thanks all for the responses. I was having difficulty finding anything on google that fit 2012 Versa's specifically. The color of my Versa is Blue Onyx. As a Chicago Bears fan of Blue/Orange, I was joking about the idea but then saw some pictures of similar cars with Orange rims and was sold on getting them...

The first one's you sent might be exactly what I want.. they look a little red-orange at first but I think it was my screen resolution.. when I zoomed in, they looked similar to the ones I really wanted that only were for in 07-09 Versa's: Nissan Versa Rota at Andy's Auto Sport.

Although the grey/orange ones do look pretty smooth.. I definitely will get one of these and post some pics when I'm done...

Thanks again for all the help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One more beginner question as I've never purchased custom wheels before, will my same factory tires (Versa SV) fit on these?

Thanks again for all the help... Can't wait to get these in after looking at all the pictures of how they look installed on google image search..

·
Registered
302 Posts
I don't think it'll fit properly but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
They'll fit, they'll just be 1" stretch because of the difference in wheel width. It will look like you have lower profile tires. I would say just try and get new tires along with them, some that will fit them nicely and not stretched.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They'll fit, they'll just be 1" stretch because of the difference in wheel width. It will look like you have lower profile tires. I would say just try and get new tires along with them, some that will fit them nicely and not stretched.
Thanks, what are the downfall of having them stretched.. I should have thought of this before I ordered! Wear? Handling? etc..

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
It will just feel like a rougher ride, the rims might be more prone to damage because they will not have the adequate protection. But maybe just try em out with the stock tires, see how they feel. If you don't like the ride quality with em just save for new tires.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It will just feel like a rougher ride, the rims might be more prone to damage because they will not have the adequate protection. But maybe just try em out with the stock tires, see how they feel. If you don't like the ride quality with em just save for new tires.
Thanks.. I did a little reading on it... The main concern I have is extra amount the rim sticking out making it much more susceptible to curbing it. And then I read certain tires are better for stretching where the other con's aren't as bad.. I would assume factory tires wouldn't fall in that category...

but don't really feel like spending much more now so I'll give it a try and see how it goes...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks.. I did a little reading on it... The main concern I have is extra amount the rim sticking out making it much more susceptible to curbing it. And then I read certain tires are better for stretching where the other con's aren't as bad.. I would assume factory tires wouldn't fall in that category...

but don't really feel like spending much more now so I'll give it a try and see how it goes...
Actually, after talking to the local company that is going to install the wheels for me and the performance plus tire representative that called me to confirm my order, they both said that the stock 185/65HR15.0 tires will be able to fit on these 15x6.5 rims without any stretching (hope they are right!).... Will post pictures next week when my Versa/Rims both come in!

15 Inch Other Colors Finish Konig Wheels Daylite Orange Rim By Konig Wheels for your 2012 NISSAN VERSA SEDAN 1.6 S - SV - SL - Starting from $94.00 with MULTI SPOKE, Free Shipping and Free Warranty - Buy Wheels and Rims Online from Performance Plus W

·
Registered
302 Posts
Good luck with the rims!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Oh my god those are bright lol but they are great looking

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.