Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 14 Versa Note 5 speed. At just over 70k miles, thought it was the clutch that went out. The only place I was able to find a clutch cheaper than $200 was Amazon. After we replaced the clutch, our mechanic told us that wasnt the actual problem. It was the transmission. Gone. The clutch probably would have lasted another 20k miles, but we had already spent the money to replace it, so we just left it in there. Since I inherited my Versa from my father who passed away, and he bought the vehicle used, I had no warranty in place for the car whatsoever. I have read that Nissan was aware of the transmission issues with the CVT models and have extended their warranties from 5 years or 50,000 miles to 8 years or 80,000 miles since the transmissions seem to be screwing up right past the 50k mile mark. We got lucky and found a guy on Facebook that had a 14 Versa sedan with a seized motor that he sold to us for parts for $250. Parts for this car are not cheap!! I'd say if my Dad would have known how expensive it would have been to repair some if these things, he never would have bought it. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts