Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple years after I bought my versa, I heard a rattle. Looked it up on YouTube, it sounded like a heat shield. I can't remember how many times I took it to Nissan. They said they fixed it but on the way home I'd hear it rattling. The guy said there is more then one heat shield on a versa. Question.... How many heat shields are on a Versa Sedan 2014 (4cylinder)
I know they just jacked me around.
When I first reported the heat shield rattling my car was under warranty. It's no longer under warranty and it rattles worse then before.

·
Registered
875 Posts
If you get the car on a lift, you can see a number of "heat shields' that can cause rattling. They are pieces of THIN metal that are at various sections of the exhaust system. Nissan chose to attach them using nuts and bolts that are too small for the job, and they sometimes fail to do the job of keeping everything in place. There are also internal baffles inside the muffler and catalytic converter that can come loose and cause noise, but that would require a replacement of the offending part. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
You can resecure the body heat Shields with self tapping screws and washer, unless you can get the nuts off without breaking them, then just use washers with the nut you took off.

Shields around the exhaust itself can be secured with hose clamps.

There's nothing else you can do long term besides ripping them off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.