Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to all. This is my first post.

I have Nissan Versa year 2014 and I had changed the radio with a Chinese Android one.

The radio is installed and it is working ok, I like it. But when the technician installed the new radio it was obvious that the ports where different and he matched the cables for the speakers, ground , reverse, power, etc.

But the radio controls on the steering wheel (Vol +, Vol - , Back, Forward, Source and the two phone buttons) where not able to be exactly found. He did some trial and error but he could not found the cable that is used by that buttons. So the radio controls on the steering wheel are disconnected on the new radio.

The Android radio wiring has this specs.
RadioWiring.jpg

My questions are
  • if someone has experience or a guess if I can make those wheel buttons work with the radio.
  • Would the "illumination Control" (cable) will work? Any idea where is that cable on the Versa 2014?
Any idea or link to more documentation about the radio cables on the Nissan Versa is welcome.

Regards

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also found this image on the internet, that has very similar plugs to the older Nissan CY25H radio I removed from the car.

But I'm still not sure which port is the one for the volume up/down buttons? H12, h13? or h14,h15?

Regards

·
Registered
530 Posts
The steering wheel controls are on the main connector (J502 (TH 18) on your diagram), pins #6, 15, and 16.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply Keith.

Based in the "New Android Radio Diagram", where should I connect the J502 (TH 18) pins #6, 15, and 16 ?
  • J502 (TH 18) Pin #6 - 8 (Brown) ?
  • J502 (TH 18) Pin #16 - 7 (Brown/Black) ?
  • J502 (TH 18) Pin #15 - ????

Regards

·
Registered
530 Posts
I am not familiar with that radio, so I don't know how the controls setup will work.
There are aftermarket adapters available that do work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had an aftermarket adapter installed by Best Buy and it was 69.95 for the adapter and 69.95 for the install and only the volume control works. Don't use Best Buy!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
This article is stupid. You only have two wires in the new radio dedicated to steering wheel controls and the instructions for the radio would indicate what to use them for. Probably volume + and -. Past that you have no place on the new radio to plug any other steering wheel controls in, you simply have no choice but to leave the wires disconnected.

Radio buyer clearly bought a unit that did not fit the purposes he intended.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This article is stupid. You only have two wires in the new radio dedicated to steering wheel controls and the instructions for the radio would indicate what to use them for. Probably volume + and -. Past that you have no place on the new radio to plug any other steering wheel controls in, you simply have no choice but to leave the wires disconnected.

Radio buyer clearly bought a unit that did not fit the purposes he intended.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The only way something like an interface module can work more than two wires using two wires only would be to use a system language like CAN to be able to use common wiring to perform multiple identifications and functions with more than one radio control. I won't say that Android will not do that but simply seeing a device that claims to support Android there is not enough, you must verify the actual support interdevice or language to truly know. I was looking for the system requirements there, there are different levels of Android and not all work with the latest things.

Just saying a thing 'works with Android' means literally nothing, I for instance have more than one Android phone and not all of them will do the same things and could not even if you tried.

2 Posts
Hello to all. This is my first post.

I have Nissan Versa year 2013 and I would like to change the Ipod plug that is on the console, next to the hand brake by a USB/Aux plug.
Would anyone have the pinout scheme of the original Ipod plug? Tks

·
Registered
530 Posts
Depending on which radio you have, it might not be possible.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Unless there is an aftermarket adapter, it can't be done with that particular radio.
I have a CY15F, which is basically the same radio that I upgraded to a AM/FM/XM/NAV for both XM and USB functions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi

Just a little follow up. Thanks for sharing your tips.

I was able to connect the Volume +, -, forward, backward and source button to the radio without any special adapter. Just wiring the correct cables.

I was not able to make work the two phone buttons (answer and decline).

Also, about the illumination cable, it was also not connected correctly, now the Radio dims out when you turn the head lights of the car.

Regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Just a little follow up. Thanks for sharing your tips.

I was able to connect the Volume +, -, forward, backward and source button to the radio without any special adapter. Just wiring the correct cables.

I was not able to make work the two phone buttons (answer and decline).

Also, about the illumination cable, it was also not connected correctly, now the Radio dims out when you turn the head lights of the car.

Regards
Hi martini,
I have the same problem...

Which ones are the correct cables, based on your first post?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi kmoragas

I'm sorry but I don't have the exact cable color codes. It was tested with the technician and a multimeter. I can give faith that Volume +, -, forward, backward and source button are working with the radio, from the cables of the conectors to the ISO connector that comes with the radio.

I was not able to reuse the answer and decline button, and not the car microphone on the ceiling, the mic that come with the car radio was used.

Regards

1 - 18 of 18 Posts