Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2016 Versa sedan S 5sp manual with 18K miles. I drove it yesterday and something under or attached to the clutch pedal has started to make a weird pop noise when I let out the clutch. It sounds as if it could be something plastic but I really am not sure about that. It always happens when I let out the clutch and it gets to about 90% out. So very near the top of the clutch travel.
I read a post about 2 years ago here where someone else had the same issue. I can't find it now. The clutch works fine but the noise bothers me. I looked under the clutch and moved it by hand. The only thing I see under the pedal is a blue plastic box. Not sure if this is the cause or not. I'm almost afraid to drive the car at this point until I figure out what the issue is.

·
Registered
384 Posts
When you're under the dash looking at the mechanicals, and you work the clutch pedal it's full range of motion by hand, does the noise happen inside or outside the car?

I wonder if it's something simple like a bushing for the pedal pivot or is it something with the master cylinder that pushes fluid to the slave cylinder.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I've got a 2016 Versa sedan S 5sp manual with 18K miles. I drove it yesterday and something under or attached to the clutch pedal has started to make a weird pop noise when I let out the clutch. It sounds as if it could be something plastic but I really am not sure about that. It always happens when I let out the clutch and it gets to about 90% out. So very near the top of the clutch travel.
I read a post about 2 years ago here where someone else had the same issue. I can't find it now. The clutch works fine but the noise bothers me. I looked under the clutch and moved it by hand. The only thing I see under the pedal is a blue plastic box. Not sure if this is the cause or not. I'm almost afraid to drive the car at this point until I figure out what the issue is.
Clutch safety switch??

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
When you're under the dash looking at the mechanicals, and you work the clutch pedal it's full range of motion by hand, does the noise happen inside or outside the car?

I wonder if it's something simple like a bushing for the pedal pivot or is it something with the master cylinder that pushes fluid to the slave cylinder.

It's definitely inside at the clutch pedal. I just can't get my big head under there enough to hear exactly where it's coming from. I'll get my nephew to help out tomorrow and see if we can figure out where it's coming from.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got under the dash today and looked at the pedal. The popping noise has stopped. What it sounds like now is just a squeeky pedal. I have a can of Toyota white grease so I sprayed the moving parts. But I can not get the pedal to quiet down. Everything works fine but it sounds like crap. Noise is not coming from the switch. It's the pedal itself. Not sure what else I can do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts