Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been looking to get a better alternator for my Versa since I run too much "power" from it (amp,subs, underglow). Apparently I need more power so I have heard a Sentra alternator fits the Versa

Does anyone know if a Sentra alternator is better than an 08 Versa's stock alternator?

I don't like that my cars rpms shoot really low and causes my car to shake sometimes.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i have the same problem, if a diff alternator fits lemme know! weird thing happnd to me tday, i rolled up my driver side window (with the auto up) and as soon as my window got halfway up it went down. then i did it again, and as soon as it hit the middle it went back down for no reason... random.

·
Registered
502 Posts
the mr18 (versa) and the mr20 (sentra) use the same alternator. both put out 110 amps.the qr25 (sentra se-r) uses a different alternator but also produces the same amps. hope this clears the air a little..

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The sentra one sucks!!!! The one on my versa seemed better, but since they are the same, that's odd. Maybe the IPDM (intelligent power distribution module) was better in the versa than the sentra. I have a pioneer radio, 7 speakers and an amp that puts out 480w total, along with a steering wheel interface module, HD radio, and HID 35w lighting. It can't handle all of this. When the lights are turned on, there in a small pop noise thru the speakers, and the radio resets itself, (like I just turned the key), and the interior dome lights will flicker a little more then the versa did. It was almost not noticeable on the versa. Do not buy a sentra alternator!!! I might look into a Maxima or Altima V6 alternator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.