Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 versa sl and it does not stop beeping when the car is turned off. It acts like the key is still inside the car and it beeps loudly and repeatedly when you try to lock the car with the key. Th car sits and beeps as long as the battery is connected, if you unplug it the car stops beeping. The battery is also draining due to this issue. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
What kind of beeping is it? Beep, beep, beep, beep? Or beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep? Without being there to look for myself, I would guess the problem is in your ignition switch.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
A long beep means the lights are on? Ive heard that but swear they turned themselves off within a few seconds.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Stupid answer but try spraying a bit of lube into the keyslot and work key around in it. You never know. Old school at least lock cylinders had a little tang that detected key in place to make the beep, mayhaps that is stuck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
amc49
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing