Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
16 versa has a few issues, #1 clunking over bumps usually is front subframe bushings or #2 strut links

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now I'm at 87,100 miles but I know it needs subframe bushings. This cars been driving me crazy since fall last year. I've changed all motor mounts, mass air flow sensor, front brakes and rotors. Passenger side cv axle, control arms,passenger rear door accuator. Now the dealership said I need left control arm again and ball joint. Put new tires on last week. Ready to trade this car in...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Purchased this car for ride-sharing in 2019. This car is not a good in Chicago to do all of this driving on our street and Expressways

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Purchased this car for ride-sharing in 2019. This car is not a good in Chicago to do all of this driving on our street and Expressways
Any good ideas on another vehicle to trade this in for???

·
Registered
153 Posts
Wow- your roads and highways must be extremely rough to cause that much damage to suspension components. If you're commuting with three other full sized adults, I'd suggest moving up to a larger car. How about a Altima or Maxima if you're looking for a late model car?

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
79 Posts
Now the dealership said I need left control arm again and ball joint.
Have you looked on RockAuto, you can get a complete lower control arm (with bushings & ball joint) for $25-$65 (OE is $95).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow- your roads and highways must be extremely rough to cause that much damage to suspension components. If you're commuting with three other full sized adults, I'd suggest moving up to a larger car. How about a Altima or Maxima if you're looking for a late model car?
Yes that's my thinking now appreciate your input

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you looked on RockAuto, you can get a complete lower control arm (with bushings & ball joint) for $25-$65 (OE is $95).
Yes thx I've got all the outlets in mind believe. Especially when the dealership wants$150 an hour for labor... I charge$0 per hour when I do my own work 🤣😂🤣😂

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
16 versa has a few issues, #1 clunking over bumps usually is front subframe bushings or #2 strut links
Replaced inner and outer tie rods now going to put new struts. These vehicles are not built like they used to be. Just going to change out all front suspension parts that need it. get my alignment done so I can get back out on the road

1 - 11 of 11 Posts