Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, getting my windows tinted tomorrow. Llumar Formula 1 MN laws stupid 50% all around. But I want 35% on the hatch.

I know tint can build up % wise.

Does anyone know the percentage that the Versa tint is when factory installed.

Hope that made sense.

Thank You

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I believe it's 35%. I have a 2010 sedan and Nissan was going to tint my windows for free as a "thank you for purchase" but the lowest they could do was 35% and I wanted 5% so I got done on my own.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So.... That's what factory? Seems like its higher then 35%.

So if I were to layer 50% on top of it, it would be darker. But if I were then to layer 35% on top of it, it would be very dark?

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I don't think tint can come from the factory on the Versa. The dealership my get it tinted for you but they take it to a tint shop to get it done. Your probably better off getting it tinted on your own like Josh if you want it darker. That's what I did. 20% rear and 35% front.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I did the same thing...I mean it seems like the windows are very little tinted from the manufacturer, but it is hardly noticeable. You would be better off getting it done elsewhere and getting whatever you want.

I have 40% front side windows, 25% back side windows, and 12% rear...unfortunately those are the LA laws here and if you get pulled over for say a burnt out bulb and/or speeding (any violation, really) they will most likely stick you with having illegal tint as well.

Plus, I didn't want it to be too dark at night. Works for me though.

Good luck man!

·
Registered
444 Posts
SpeedyV, i know what your asking and the factory tint is minimal. I couldn't give you an exact number but I saw it somewhere once and I think it was like 93% or maybe even less.
It really won't make a difference to any tint you get.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright thank you everyone!

Had to delay the tint job due to family stuff. So monday it will be put on.

50% on the front all around (Stupid MN laws) (Strict as hell here) and 35% on the hatch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.