Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Sorry, kinda long)
Tonight, while visiting my girlfriend's grandparents' house. A police officer knocked on the door and asked who was the owner of the white Versa parked in the street. I jumped up and said I was, what's the problem.. do I need to move it. The officer lives across the street and heard a loud bang outside and ran to see the next door neighbor had backed into my V.
The driver was a military guy driving a big Yukon suv. He said he wasn't paying attention and hit my back bumper. The driver kept telling the officer that he didn't want any trouble and didn't want to risk his CDL license or insurance on the Yukon. Also, that he didn't have a perfect record and didn't want this to affect that. The driver pulled back into his driveway and his brakes were loud as anything.
After several minutes, we (myself, officer, and other driver) agreed that I would get an estimate for repair and bring it to him, we would not go through insurance companies. However, the officer issued him a summons to appear in court in Oct. for "improper backing" Told him that normally if repairs are made then judge will drop everything.
Now I have to take my Versa to Maaco in the morning for an estimate. :-(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well at least 2 things are in your favor, 1 he has insurance and, 2 you can be pretty sure it's gonna get fixed.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that I'm glad for.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Man that so sucks but what do you expect with va drivers lol jk. my fiancee was was just saying that we should do a meet and take some pics but I guess your prolly not up for that for a bit now.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the support folks.
@ hemi. It might be a couple of weeks or so, but I would definitely be up for a meet sometime. Let me know, maybe post something in my "Virginia meets" thread. :)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
yeah will do, and keep us up on how your V is doing.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will. Taking my V to Maaco sometime tomorrow (Saturday) for an estimate.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't see your post. My family has had good work done at Maaco.
Anywho, took it this morning for an estimate, they told me it would just be a new bumper. Estimate of $576
Hopefully I will take it back within the next couple of days to be repaired.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dropped off my V this morning for repair. I was told it should be ready tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got my Versa back from the body shop today. I'm very happy with it. Here is my bumper before:

and here it is after repair, good as new. :)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
yay its fixed looks good to :party:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's always something. I got pulled driving home tonight. Officer told me passenger tail light was out. Guess I'm calling Maaco tomorrow (Wed) and telling them since they just put my bumper on this past Friday.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The funny thing for that guy is when you have a CDL you cannot take any defensive driving classes to remove a ticket for whatever reason. I know this for a fact cuz I had a CDL and drove for CRST VanEx and Covenant Transport, till I had to give up my CDL due to health issues. Made that decision to drop my CDL cuz of costs of the DoT physicals. Not to mention havin some guy grabbin my nuts saying turn yer head and cough every two years. :p

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Looks good! The thing with Maaco is they are all individually owned. Alot of them are crap, but there are some good ones out there too!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bumper still holding up good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts