Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May 2013 B-Segment Sales Rank
http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/2/May_2013_US_Sales_Manufacture_Market_Share_small.jpg

Chevrolet Sonic - 9,523
Nissan Versa - 8,614
Ford Fiesta - 6,693
Hyundai Accent - 5,578
Kia Rio - 5,142
Honda Fit - 4,667
Fiat 500 - 4,051
Toyota Yaris - 1,778
Mazda2 - 791

After being #1 seller for what seems like forever the Versa has been knocked off it's pedestal. It's only one month and the V hatchback is more then ready for it's update. Maybe the new one will put the V back on top. Crazy how the big names toyota and honda fail to make sales in this category. The fit does OK but it's far behind the top spot always.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Versa hatch starting msrp is $14,670 and the fit is $15,425. Hard to compare a sedan but the sedan starting msrp is $11,990. But if you get it similarly equipped to a fit it's not that much cheaper. Thing with fits is they are overpriced at the dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Versa hatch starting msrp is $14,670 and the fit is $15,425. Hard to compare a sedan but the sedan starting msrp is $11,990. But if you get it similarly equipped to a fit it's not that much cheaper. Thing with fits is they are overpriced at the dealer.
That's true. A Versa S is about the same as a base Fit.

·
Registered
993 Posts
It's still the micro king, until the new hatch comes out.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
it looks like the aveo

they used the aveo in that movie called "the guilt trip"

2011 aveo

sometimes changing the name helps boost sales. a 2011 versa and a 2012 look exactly the same and very similar to a 2007. consumers want something different and want change

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the sonic myself. It's a nice little package with a nice engine. It comes with eight a naturally aspirated 1.8 or a turbo 1.4.

If nissan really wants to keep competitive in this segment the HR16DE on it's own is not going to cut it. Too many better engine choices by the competition.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
To me the Sonic looks good like most Chevys do, but I couldn't stomach owning another fwd Chev after owning 94 Cavalier and 92 Lumina, both horrible money pits.
I like the idea of global cars like Versa, Focus, Golf, Fiesta, Fit
...or do a 180 and get a base Mustang :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
I agree that I'm not ready to buy a Chevy or American car just yet. Owners are still complaining about quality and putting repairs into them. As a matter of fact, my days of buying a brand new car are over. I prefer to buy a used car a year or two old that has a given track record.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It's ok the Versa is still the cheapest car to own over 5 years compared to others in that list especially the base model but I imagine the other trim levels can't be much off.

We all will have more cash in our pockets when it's all said and done. :banana:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
^ it's true. search lowest total cost ownership etc, versa always in top five, especially sedan

·
Registered
339 Posts
Theres a guy at work that gives me crap about the V but he bought a Dart. Hes like it looks like a girls car. His dart with the rallye pack looks like its wearing lipstick for crying out loud and hes giving me crap. My car has more room in it and its faster...asshat.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Theres a guy at work that gives me crap about the V but he bought a Dart. Hes like it looks like a girls car. His dart with the rallye pack looks like its wearing lipstick for crying out loud and hes giving me crap. My car has more room in it and its faster...asshat.
LOL, sounds like this individual is very insecure with himself. Only douchebags put other guys down about their ride, probably has some emotional defect of his own.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
people make fun of my Versa all the time. I just brush it off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.