Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I would say test the battery. I know you say it's new but that doesn't really matter. Could have been bad when you bought it or your car is draining it. Try jump starting it.

In my experiences, multiple clicks is a battery without enough juice, single click is a starter and no noise at all is a completely drained battery. Other experiences may differ.

·
Registered
690 Posts
A solenoid may bounce back and forth because there isn't enough power to hold the solenoid in its cranking position, so it's just at the point between kicking out the pinion clutch but not quite enough to crank. I'd bet battery cables, check that they were pushed down enough on terminals, terminals are slightly tapered for a good fit and good contact. Battery could of course be bad, what type of battery is it? If conventional, they are stored dry, check the cells if possible. If its any other type it's probably just been sitting too long, make sure its been fully charged, they will discharge over time sitting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.