Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for the past couple of days every time I started my car after letting it sit over night, or more than 20 minutes or so. I turn the ignition and it sounds like shes cranking for sure but not firing up. Then I try the second time and Wah LAh!

Im taking it to the dealership next wednesday but Im pretty sure it sounds like the common fuel pump issue, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
452 Posts
im having the same problem bro as soon as i hit 33k thats what i was saying on the stillen intake post lol

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I had that same problem when I had about 3k miles on the car. Since then it hasn't been doing that, I think it broke in.

What you could do is turn the ignition to the on position before starting it and keep it there for 10 seconds then start it, it worked for me and could work for you.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ILUVMYV: Well I've had my versa for a little more than a year with 19k miles.

MHV: I'll try that out tonight before I head out.

DS: Dayum dude, really?

·
Registered
927 Posts
awww my post didnt went through well ill go straight to the point... I had this problem after my long drive from LA to Chicago using different gas and grades... to fix it i drove my v till my gas light came on then i filled it up with 91 octane gas and a full bottle of concentrated techron from chevron "engine treatment" the misfire went away and i did an oil change after that... try that see if it will help... i have 23k on my v atm

·
Registered
425 Posts
guys ther is a recall on the fuel regulator. take it in to your nearest dealer and have it fixed. its just a stupid censor happen to mine and my dealership took care of it. If any of you guys have problems with your dealership doing this and you live in los angeles, let me know, ill get my guys at the dealer to fix it :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just tell them what happens when you start the car and that it takes 2 or 3 times to start it and that the fuel senser needs to be taken car of

Called the dealership and told them that, they said they have to run a diagnostic before they can do anything. Im just worried they're going to "blame" my CAI...so should I put in the stocker first?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Mine is an 09 1.6 and have the extended crank sometimes on a cold day. It always starts though.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
At the dealership right now, they confirmed it was the Fuel Pump Regulator, had to get the parts from another dealership though.

But all in all they are taking care of it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
i havent had the time to take mine in hoping it wont die on me until sat

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
In case anyone was curious as to what is actually replaced here you go

Does anyone have a video of this problem? I would love to see it. Were there any symptoms leading up to it or just one day it wouldn't start. In the colder weather I got a longer crank but it always starts. Sort of like the battery is too week for the temp or something.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.