Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
What is this noise? No one at Nissan can fix it.
Without hearing the sound, it would be hard to give you any advice. If your car is still under the basic warranty, and the sound can be replicated at the dealership, it is up to Nissan to find out what the problem is. Any further information you can provide will be a big help in getting some of the members to come up with ideas on how to help you.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Other things that will be helpful:

Does this sound happen all of the time? Only some of the time?
ABS or brake dash lights on?
Do you feel anything through the brake pedal? The steering wheel?
Is the clicking coming from the front or back? Right or left?

The more descriptive you are, the better answers we can provide.

Of course the smart a$$ answer is: you have to hold the button in while doing a handbrake turn! LOL

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree pimperell, if the car is still under warranty, it's Nissan's problem to fix, not yours.

Some more questions,
I assume you only here the sound when applying the brake?
Does the clicking slow down as the Car slows down?

Try uploading to youtube and post the link.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I kinda have this issue too.

First of all, I'd like to point out that I sense nothing wrong with the car....brakes didn't get any worse, car is not pulling on a side, no lights on the dash etc etc. Everything drives fine.

What happens is that when I depress the brake pedal I hear this "click" when I reach almost halfway. Pedal is fine, not stiff, click comes from the front driver side. No vibrations or pulse etc, nothing.

I think it might be the ABS anti-lock?

Any thoughts?

Anyway, in about 3 weeks I'm having new pads, rotors job and new fluid in, also with an overall brakes inspection.

·
Registered
514 Posts
anyway, one little update: next week I will replace both rear drum shoes, it's about time! I checked them today and they are veeery thin.

Then I'll do the whole front brake at the dealership: cleaning, rotor job, pads, brake fluid, (the mechanic is a friend of mine, so he can check everything out and adjust if needed).

·
Registered
514 Posts
well, it was the driver's side caliper.
Basically that noise happens when I depress the brake pedal, the caliper adjusts to the brake pads etc etc and there was a little play.
I replaced the brake pads with new ones, cleaned everything with brake cleaner, greased all the greasable parts and reassembled the parts, noise is gone.
The pads were worn but I still had something left (still no audible warning noise), now with the new pads the caliper has to adjust less so the noise is gone.
Also the noise was only on the driver side, the other side had no noise but both pads were worn the same way.

My nissan mechanic and buddy told me that the noise is nothing to worry about anyway.

would you replace the caliper? I have a brake fluid job scheduled for the 16th, swapping would be easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.