Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I’m newbee
I tried to help my daughter by changing her breaks on all corners.
I forget to transfer the famous magnet ring at first, so i got a ABS (anti-lock break) code and anti- slip come on. I find some used on drum (dealership told me 150$ each) I put them back but when removing them from the old drum I damage a bit of rubber. Since then the ABS light is still on but the anti slip is off.
My question are : 1) is the rubber contain the magnet or it is juste a protection over the magnet?
2) what can cause the abs light to stay on if 1) is not a problem
3) what I have to do to clear the ABS light
4) is that true those magnet worth 150$ each?
Thank you all for you futur advises

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi I’m newbee
I tried to help my daughter by changing her breaks on all corners.
I forget to transfer the famous magnet ring at first, so i got a ABS (anti-lock break) code and anti- slip come on. I find some used on drum (dealership told me 150$ each) I put them back but when removing them from the old drum I damage a bit of rubber. Since then the ABS light is still on but the anti slip is off.
My question are : 1) is the rubber contain the magnet or it is juste a protection over the magnet?
2) what can cause the abs light to stay on if 1) is not a problem
3) what I have to do to clear the ABS light
4) is that true those magnet worth 150$ each?
Thank you all for you futur advises
If you do not have a code reader, most auto supply stores will be happy to read the code, and reset your ABS light. If it comes on again, then you have to dig a little deeper into the problem. Good luck!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
pimperell
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing