Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2015 Nissan Versa note that wobbles under acceleration at 40mph and around 2000 RPM, when I let off the throttle the wobble goes away. It's significantly worse when going uphill or if I have a car full of people. I've determined that it is the passenger axle, it has a lot of excess play while the driver side has almost none.

My problem is that none of the major parts stores sells cv axles for our cars. Does anyone know who sells them besides eBay?

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
I tried rockauto, but nothing. Do you have a part number that you can google? Maybe you can get a rebuild kit that is more generic vs vehicle specific?

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have 2015 Nissan Versa note that wobbles under acceleration at 40mph and around 2000 RPM, when I let off the throttle the wobble goes away. It's significantly worse when going uphill or if I have a car full of people. I've determined that it is the passenger axle, it has a lot of excess play while the driver side has almost none.

My problem is that none of the major parts stores sells cv axles for our cars. Does anyone know who sells them besides eBay?

If your car is still under the power train warranty, it should be taken to the dealer.

Here Is What Is Covered in Your Nissan Powertrain Warranty - Shop for a Nissan in Austin and San Antonio

·
Registered
216 Posts
Probably buying one from Nissan dealer service center is going to be your only option until parts stores start carrying more parts for these cars as they age.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
When I owned a honda I use to go to some of the dealer websites and look up parts. Instead of buying them I used the part number to search for them. Many cases honda recycled parts and the rotors for a 2010 insight were also for a 94 civic.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Looks like 2013 is the newest model that rock auto has axles for? You could go to a nissan service center and ask them to look up the part number for both 2015 and 2013, if they are the same then that would give you some indication of whether or not its ok to buy an axle listed for 2013 for your car. You might get lucky there since they changed very little on these cars the last few years, but then again you'd think rock auto would updated the 2015 listing to reflect that compatibility and sell more parts too so... its a long shot. You could also call Rock Auto or your favorite parts store because possibly the parts listings on the websites are out of date. Barring all of that, like I said above last resort is buying one full price from Nissan (but at least you get an OEM part instead of playing the aftermarket quality lottery)

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
+1 Rockauto would make the above catalog overlook, but return shipping is reasonable. If you are going to DIY it Id try buying one and seeing if it will fit/work.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Not updated is easily possible. Research the number, I used to make connections like that all the time. There's just no way they can keep up with all the catalog changes necessary. When I was in parts I ran into it all day long and they updated those almost every single day but commonly many months behind even then. Some similar or exact same parts they never catch to make the connection. I just put a 3rd brakelight on an '02 Ford that was not supposed to fit anything earlier than an '05..............fit perfectly. It happens.

·
Registered
940 Posts
You need to check if the issue is the axle or the wheel bearing itself, bearing bad is way more common and easily mistaken for the axle by novices. A lot cheaper too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
amc49
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing