Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been unable to find a guide as to how to replace the power adapter in the console between the seats. Any thoughts, as I have checked the versa note repair manual it’s no luck

25331-3SH0A.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
It will only be of use with an exact OEM style part, all others will have to mod in one way or another. Not rocket science. Console comes off any way you look at it.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
If you are clever enough to reproduce that tool in size and action you can change socket without yanking console at all. It obviously simply snaps in place like 95% of all parts on the cars nowadays. Remove the fuse or you WILL blow it out if you make the tool out of metal.

I'd have that out in 10 minutes and maybe 2. Never even having seen it before. A cheap set of $4 Harbor Freight non-hardened baby needlenose pliers with the heated to red hot tips bent backwards to be facing out and opposing each other and then slip pliers in and open them instead of closing and pull that right out instantly.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I'd be aware that whatever the problem is may extend to the outer case and even the wiring to the back, console may still have to come up. If the inner socket is constructed of mostly plastic then heat may have melted it to the outer case to make you do it. Even the last inch of wiring may be melted it often happens on those sockets.

So, no surprise if the inner socket refuses to come out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are clever enough to reproduce that tool in size and action you can change socket without yanking console at all. It obviously simply snaps in place like 95% of all parts on the cars nowadays. Remove the fuse or you WILL blow it out if you make the tool out of metal.

I'd have that out in 10 minutes and maybe 2. Never even having seen it before. A cheap set of $4 Harbor Freight non-hardened baby needlenose pliers with the heated to red hot tips bent backwards to be facing out and opposing each other and then slip pliers in and open them instead of closing and pull that right out instantly.
Wow...... never thought of taking out the fuse......thanks..... your idea is perfect...... I have no way of making that tool.... your idea would surly work.... and in two minutes....I have been thinking about this for days. I think I saw the tool on amazon for $14..... but now can’t find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts