Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here goes nothing.I'm going to buy the tanabe strut bar for the versa note and hope it fits my 2014 versa sedan. Has anyone tried this yet?

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts

You need to go all out with the 4point LOL.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol I wish I could get that 4 point but ultra racing doesn't offer that kit to the USA. I'm going for just handling on this project.I know the versa is slow but gotta love 40+ mpg. So has any one on here installed a versa note tanabe strut bar on a 2014 versa sedan?

·
Registered
257 Posts

You need to go all out with the 4point LOL.
I would love to get that 4 point strut bar. Lol

Paint it something else tho

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I guess I'm the first to try this and no one has installed the Tanabe versa note strut bar on a 2014 versa sedan. I will be ordering it this Friday. I will let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
257 Posts
So I guess I'm the first to try this and no one has installed the Tanabe versa note strut bar on a 2014 versa sedan. I will be ordering it this Friday. I will let you guys know how it goes.
I haven't heard anyone so far try it. I would probably find someone who has the note to see where the bolts are located. Ive been wanted to try it myself. But I have been doubting it. Nest of luck tho.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Yeah, but then you wouldn't have room for the SC lol.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I asked the versa speed shop and they said the note tanabe strut bar or under brace would not fit the 2012-2014 versa sedan. I ordered the underbrace in stead cuz I looked at the notes under pinnings and they look the same as the sedan. Both cars share the v platform. I still ordered the underbrace but the versa speed shop cancelled my order cuz they new what I was trying. Can anyone give me a strait answer on this cuz I really think it will work on the sedan!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I asked the versa speed shop and they said the note tanabe strut bar or under brace would not fit the 2012-2014 versa sedan. I ordered the underbrace in stead cuz I looked at the notes under pinnings and they look the same as the sedan. Both cars share the v platform. I still ordered the underbrace but the versa speed shop cancelled my order cuz they new what I was trying. Can anyone give me a strait answer on this cuz I really think it will work on the sedan!
honestly they should have not cancelled your order.

i met up with note-ified during the meet last month and i seen his tanabe strut tower and i noticed that it will fit because i seen where they used the mounting brackets and they would match up perfectly fine. you should really just order it through tanabe if versaspeedshop is going to not let you order it.

if it doesn't fit, return it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
honestly they should have not cancelled your order.

if it doesn't fit, return it.
Thats likely why they cancelled it. Nobody wants to deal with returns and no having a "used" part. If you gamble on the purchase, then I believe you should just sell it on the forums yourself. You know the risks going into the venture.

That 4 point bar is impressive though. I bet it works well. I'm not fan of bars with wimpy multi-piece mounts. They flex too much.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Thats likely why they cancelled it. Nobody wants to deal with returns and no having a "used" part. If you gamble on the purchase, then I believe you should just sell it on the forums yourself. You know the risks going into the venture.

That 4 point bar is impressive though. I bet it works well. I'm not fan of bars with wimpy multi-piece mounts. They flex too much.
and that's why you get an under body brace, it stiffens up the chassis to avoid that flexing as much as possible...the strut bar is a good upgrade, but in order for it to work to its full potential it needs the under body brace

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
9 Participants
Note-ified
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing